Chapter 10

The sounds of morning floated into my bedroom and I stirred. I flipped over on my stomach and stretched my hands far above my head, trying to wake up. My eyes fluttered open only to find Harry sitting in the chair next to my bed. I shrieked and jumped, falling onto the floor in a heap of blankets and body parts. I heard Harry's laughter fill the room and my annoyance heightened. I sat up, pushing my hair away from my eyes and glaring up at him from the floor. His mouth was twisted into a smile, his eyes sparkling.

"What the hell are you doing in my bedroom?" I asked angrily, trying to stand up. He bent down and wrapped his fingers around my arm, lifting me to my feet.

"Your mum let me up here."

I scowled. Of course she did. I crumpled up my blankets and threw them back on my bed, tugging my tank top down in annoyance. My hair probably looked like - well like I just rolled out of bed.

"What do you want?" I asked, making my way to my bathroom. I heard his footsteps on the wooden floor as he followed me but I didn't look back. I flicked on the light and searched for my tooth brush as I waited for his reply.

"Well," he started, leaning against the door frame and crossing his arms, stretching his dark blue t shirt across his chest. " it's the last day of spring break so I decided to do something fun. I want to take pictures of you and Jean."

I paused my brushing. "Jeans here?" I said through a mouthful of toothpaste, before promptly spitting into the sink.

He nodded, sticking his hands in his pocket. "She's down stairs talking to your mum."

"Oh."

"I even brought my best equipment." he nodded toward a black bag that was sitting at the foot of the chair.

"Dandy." I said sarcastically. "You know I don't like having my picture taken."

He chuckled. I made my way to the closet to find clothes. "I know it but I don't care." he yelled from the bedroom. "You're too pretty not to have pictures taken of you."

I blushed, yanking a t shirt off of a nearby hanger. He didn't know what he was talking about.

I reappeared in the bedroom, throwing the outfit into the mattress. "Fine, I'll go." I told him. "Not because of you, but because of Jean. And you have to by me breakfast."

He gave me a side smile. "Deal."

"Now leave so I can get dressed okay?"

He nodded, picking his bag up from the floor. "Be ready in five." he said before shutting the door behind him. I blew a strand of hair out of my eyes before propping a hand on to my hip. Today was going to be interesting.

~~~~~~~~

"Sorry for the short notice Adelaide." Jean looked back at me from the front seat of the car. I shrugged against the seat belt, munching on my chocolate doughnut.

"I told him I only came for you anyway." I smiled at her. She grinned, pushing her red hair off of her shoulder. She was wearing shorts and a long sleeve shirt, but it was nearly seventy-five degrees outside. She brushed off my questions about it so I decided to leave it alone.

"That's why we're friends." she said, turning back to the front.

"But we all know you secretly came for me." Harry chimed in, looking at me from the rear view mirror. I rolled my eyes.

"In your dreams Styles." I shot back. He grinned, focusing back on the road.

"Yeah, maybe you're right." he said softly. I shook my head, looking out the window. "Where are we even going?" I asked.