Chapter 2 - The Tunnel

~start the song now~
OKAY SO I MAY HAVE TOTALLY STOLEN THIS FROM THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER BUT ITS MY FAVORITE THING EVER IM SORRY ALSO I CHANGED THE SONG BCUS IT SUITED BETTER THAN BOWIE NO OFFENSE

The car ride to the party was filled with Nancy laughing hysterically and Steve singing along to numerous songs that played from the radio while Jonathan sat in the back seat, quietly laughing to any sort of remark either of them made.

Best in the room I'd ever been

She has got something that I've never known

"Oh my god... what is this song?" Nancy exclaimed to Steve who was sitting beside her in the drivers seat, tapping his fingers along to the song on the steering wheel.

"I know, right?" He replied back at her, grinning from ear to ear.

"Steve, this is the song. We have to go through the tunnel!" Before Steve could even reply Nancy rolled down the window and stuck half her body out into the warm summer air. Her hair flickered in the wind as she sat on the BMW's window ledge.

Couldn't explain it, I wouldn't even try

She is so lovely she makes me feel high

Jonathan tore his eyes away from Nancy to see Steve laughing and looking up at her every so often, his eyes gleaming from the street lights. His laugh made his smile lines appear even more strongly. Jon knew Steve was in love with Nancy and could never be with him but every time he saw his soft eyes light up or heard his laugh erupt from the other side of the room Jon's heart ached.

"Nance, get back in here," Steve tugged on his girlfriend's striped shirt while still keeping his eyes on the road, "we're here." The trio looked up through the windscreen in amazment at the large house overrun with intoxicated teens as the spotless BMW pulled into the driveway.