Chapter 3 - Drinks

Crowds of rowdy teenagers cheer and scream as Steve pushes open the heavy doors of Tommy H's obnoxiously large house currently filled to capacity with drunk, sweaty teens. A tall jock greeted Steve and Nancy as soon as the three stepped in the doors, barely paying any attention to Jonathan who was shyly hiding behind Steve.

"Alex! What's up man!" Steve smiled widely at him.
"Oh shit, Steve! You made it! Come over here, you HAVE to play beer pong with us!" The boy had greasy messy hair, slightly resembling Steve's own but dyed a platinum blonde and dark roots showing, and a thick varsity football jersey covering his small shoulders.

"Nance, I'm gonna go with the guys for a bit, that alright?" Steve asked Nancy with a goofy smile.
"Fine... but take Jonathan with you. I don't want him hiding in a corner all night." She demanded, grabbing Jonathan and pushing him towards Steve, a smirk spread across her face. Steve looked at the nervous boy before him and sighed.

This was Jonathan's first ever party and he was unsure of his place to say the least. It had only been a few seconds before the blonde boy from earlier brought the two over to the long table covered in red solo cups.
"Steve, you go first. Show everyone how a king plays!" The boy laughed, slightly slurring some words from being visibly drunk.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Steve said said loudly, grabbing the surrounding people's attention, "prepare to watch Alex's team get their asses beat!"
With a quick flick of the wrist, the ball went from Steve's hand directly into one of the opposing teams cup. Excited cheers came from Steve's team as the random boy grabbed the cup and quickly chugged it down, tossing the empty cup to the side.

"Your turn Alex." Steve smirked as he wiped his mouth. Alex screwed his nose up at Steve and threw the ball. Barely even standing straight he unsurprisingly missed. Steve grabbed Jonathan's arm and pulled him over to him so they were standing side by side.

"Alright, your turn Jonathan." Steve said handing the younger boy the small ping pong ball.
"B-but I've never played." He said, hands trembling slightly from being surrounded by so many unknown people.

"That's okay, I can teach you." Steve reassured him as he pulled him closer. "What you want to do is get the ball into one of Alex's cups, then they drink whatever's inside, you keep going till they've run out of cups." He looked at Jonathan with warm eyes and smiled making Jon's heart flutter.

With Steve directly behind him, Jonathan remembered the technique Steve did earlier and flicked the ball down onto the table and into the cup of unknown alcohol.

Before the ball even landed fully in the cup, the crowd erupted with screams and drunken cheers, groans coming from the other team.
"You did it! You actually did it!" Steve jumped up and down in excitement as Alex grabbed the red solo cup.

"Did we win?" Jonathan asked hesitantly while taking a cup from the smiling boy and bringing it toward his face. Steve wrapped his arm around his neck in excitement, making butterflies crash into the sides of Jon's stomach.

Jonathan's heart began to beat faster than a marathon runner's when Steve messily cupped his cheeks and produced a wild grin, still jumping up and down in adolescent delirium.
"Oh my god, you're amazing!" He laughed, Jonathan could smell the strong liquor in his breathe as Steve wrapped his arm back around his neck and pulled him closer to his chest.