Chapter 5 - Weed

Later in the night Steve and Jonathan had shifted from the beer pong table to the edge of the large pool outside.

Jon was introduced to Steve's friends: a tall broad shouldered jock named Zach, a tan short boy wearing a leather jack called Tony, and a small but loud boy Justin, who were all sitting side by side with their legs dangling in the pool passing around a strange looking beige object. It had only been a few seconds before  Jonathan had realised what it was.
A joint.
"Want some?" Justin asked Jon with a cough, waving the carefully wrapped blunt in his direction.

"Oh, u-uh no thanks..." Jon declined putting his hand up in front of his face. Steve laughed before butting in and snatching the weed from Justin.

"C'mon Jon, just take one hit." He smirked as he brought the joint and lighter up to his own face. Jonathan marvelled at how the tiny flame illuminated all of Steve's features.

Justin, who was sat beside Steve, muttered something into Steve's ear which caused him to snort out a laugh and think deeply for a few seconds. Jonathan couldn't help but wonder what the Justin had told me boy. He looked around the backyard and sighed, thinking about Nancy inside the house probably dancing or chatting to her friends.

"Hey guys, I'm just gonna check on Na-" before he could finish his sentence Steve's lips were pressed against his own. Jonathan's stomach dropped and eyes shot wide open. He was frozen for what seemed like an eternity before he finally came to his senses and pulled away from the smirking Steve.

The boys next to them giggled as Steve slowly pulled away, a thin wisp of smoke expelling from the two boy's mouths. Jon was speechless, trying to recollect himself and say something but nothing came out. He blinked at Steve with wide glittering eyes, his chest began to burn. Jon knew Steve wasn't into him like that but what just happened flipped his world upside down.

The thick fog of tension was suddenly broken as Zach stood up behind Steve and pushed him into the pool, Tony snorted loudly and quickly joined the him in after taking off his prized leather jacket.

A thick blush crept up on Jon's stunned face as butterflies began to crash into the sides of his stomach. Steve Harrington had kissed him. Well, he had forced smoke from a blunt into Jonathan's mouth but nonetheless Steve Harrington had placed his lips upon his own.