Chapter Two

#Very vulgar depictions of rape/abuse in this chapter. Please take the necessary precautions# 

Hannah was mixing batter in a large bowl and humming a song that her mother used to sing when she was cooking anything.

Collin was sitting at the table and kicking his feet while looking through the paper. Hannah added some of the batter to the pan and smiled at the noise of it.

Just as she was finished flipping the first one her father made his way down in the hall. Hannah turned to smile at him but frowned at the glazed over look he had.

"Abey?" He asked and panic shot through Hannah. Not in the morning, not with Collin here.

"No dad, it's Hannah," Collin told him gently. While Collin could do with a good dose of tact he knew how to be gentle when it came to their father.

Her father seemed to snap back, his eyes focusing on Hannah at the stove and she almost cried in relief.

"I haven't smelled pancakes that good since your mother passed." He smiled and took the paper from Collin and sat at the breakfast bar.

"Paul reminded me how good they were yesterday and I decided to give it a try," Hannah told him with a soft smile. A sharp knock at the door made her laugh. "Speak of the devil."

Collin ran to get the door while Hannah plated up two pancakes for her father and added more batter to the pan.

"Good morning!" Paul enthused and took a seat next to her father making him smile. Alo was fond of Paul because he went fishing with Paul's father sometimes. He had high hopes for Paul and Hannah and he didn't make a secret of it.

"I bet you could smell the pancakes when you woke." Hannah teased and Paul laughed.

"Coul practically taste them." He told her and she rolled her eyes and slipped one from the pan to the plate and poured the batter in for a second.

When she had finished cooking the pancakes and she had eaten two herself she gathered her things and gave Collin his lunch.

"Where's your hat, Bud?" Alo asked and Hannah looked at her little brother who hesitated.

"You didn't have it on when I got you yesterday either. Did you leave it in Brady's?" She asked and he nodded eagerly and rushed out the door towards Paul's truck.

"I'll see you later Dad." She smiled.

"Bye Han." He waved from where he was reading the paper. Hannah made her way up to Paul's truck and when she got in Paul was giving Collin a lesson in how to deal with bullies.

"Ignore him, Collin, just ask for it back and if he doesn't give it to you then tell the teacher," Hannah told her little brother and punched Paul in the arm when he tried to tell Collin any different.

When they dropped him off at Brady's she glared at Paul and he tried to fight his smile. "He's eleven, violence is never the answer at that age."

"He's gotta learn to fight his own battles someday Hannah." Paul sighed and Hannah rolled her eyes at him.

"He can, with words. I won't have him fighting." Hannah sighed. Paul pulled into the school parking lot and parked his truck next to a large black one.

"I'm guessing that means Sam is back." Hannah sighed and climbed out, grabbing her stuff from the bed of the truck.

Leah and Sam were in the front of the truck, engaged in what was either heavy making out or light foreplay. When Paul and Hannah passed the truck Paul slammed his hand down on the hood, scaring the occupants.