Chapter Four

Hannah smiled softly at Jared and he returned it. They were getting food before the movie but every time they had attempted to talk to a rowdy group of teenage boys that had sat at the table had begun yell loudly about something or other.

Hannah found it hilarious and it was clear Jared did too. The boys were casting her glances occasionally and she winked at them when she caught their eye. They could've only been fifteen at the most.

Jared had his hand resting on the table, palm up. She knew it was an invitation but she pretended not to notice. She had her right leg pressed against one of his and it was about all she could handle right now.

When they were both finished they got up and made their way down the street towards the movie theatre.

"Han, I know you don't like touching so I won't do that dumb yawn and stretch thing but I'll leave my hand out, just so you know." Jared blushed and Hannah smiled and raised her hand to cup his jaw and run her thumb along his blush.

No one had ever blushed for her before. Jared hesitated but leaned into the touch. "Anything I initiate is probably fine but if I need you to stop I'll tell you."

"That's enough for me Han, you don't have to push yourself." He smiled and she ran her thumb across his cheek once more before dropping her hand.

They walked side by side to the theatre and Jared bought the tickets and the popcorn which made her heart melt. When they took their seats he eyed the ones in the back wistfully before taking a lower row.

They were silent mostly but Hannah watched his hand more than the movie. She didn't think holding it would be too bad. It's not like touching her hair, she had nothing to associate with it. She slid her fingers between his and he smiled to himself when she refused to meet his eyes.

The movie was bland and boring which was to be expected. Port Angeles never had any good movies and it was more of a make-out spot than anything else to be fair. Unfortunately for Jared that wouldn't be anything he would be getting tonight.

When they left the movie screen, laughing about the terrible acting, she moved her hand from his and ignored his frown.

"I'm just going to the bathroom." She laughed and made her way to the small two stall bathroom. When she was washing her hands Leah Clearwater came in and threw her a surprised glance.

"Hey, you here with Paul?" She asked and Hannah shook her head.

"Jared, why does everyone think I'm with Paul?" Hannah asked in confusion.

"Sam told me, that boy is so oblivious." Leah seemed to be buzzing with energy and Hannah raised an eyebrow at her.

"You okay?" She asked and Leah nodded, a huge smile gracing her face.

"Yeah, better than okay. Okay, so Sam and I are four years together on Sunday, right? Well, I don't want to jinx anything but I think he's going to propose." Leah whispered and Hannah's eyes widened.

"Oh wow, are you sure?" She asked and forced a smile.

"No, I mean he comes over a lot, obviously but he never speaks that much to my father but a couple of days ago he spent nearly two hours talking to just my parents and my mom was crying when they all came out," Leah told her.

"That's a good sign?" Hannah asked in confusion.

"Totally, my mom is a sucker for romance," Leah promised and Hannah smiled forcefully.

"I'm really happy for you Leah." She smiled and brushed past the girl. She swore when she found Jared talking to Sam but took a deep breath and made her way over.