Epilogue

A warm breeze fluttered through my hair as my hand firmly grasped Karma's hand. We both stood looking at the old E class building. The class we graduated from years before was long gone and in our past, but we were still together.

"Brings back memories, huh?" Karma asked and I giggled.

"It really does," I agreed.

I felt Karma lightly tug at my hand: The gesture he always does when he wants to bring me somewhere. "Come on," he said, motioning to the woods. "Let's go to the tree." I smiled and nodded, letting him lead me to the tree I always hid in. When we reached it, Karma pointed to the branches.

"What? You want me to climb?" I asked. He nodded. "Karma, I'm still wearing work clothes," I whined. We worked side by side in the government. I was a part of the FBI whereas Karma was a bureaucrat.

"Just go up there, woman," he demanded and I rolled my eyes. I slipped off my heels and climbed up the familiar branches.

"What is the point of this?" I asked, looking down toward where Karma was standing but he was gone. "Bakabane, where the hell did you go?!" I screamed.

"Just wait there, okay?" I heard Karma's faint voice ask. I groaned but complied to his wish. After waiting twenty minutes, I heard footsteps approaching. My eyes went to the ground and I nearly fell from the tree at the sight below me.

Just like when we were in junior high, petals spelled out a very important question, but this time, the petals spelled out 'Will you marry me?'. Instead of a bouquet of wildflowers, he had a small box with a shimmering diamond ring in it.

I climbed down the branches and fell to my knees in front of the redhead. Tears lined my eyes as I nearly tackled him to the ground. "I'm so in love with you," I muttered, hugging him tightly,

"Is that a yes?" He questioned and I pulled away, laughing. I pressed my forehead against his and smiled at him.

"There aren't enough words that exist to explain how much I want to marry you," I said and kissed his lips.

"Jeez, a simple yes would've sufficed," he muttered and slid the ring on my finger. I glared at him.

"I was being romantic, asshole," I grumbled.

He smiled and pecked my lips. "I know." My arms wrapped around him again in a tight hug. I heard footsteps approaching but I didn't care.

"Karma is actually a hopeless romantic: Confirmed!" A voice exclaimed- a familiar voice. My head shot up and I saw all of my former classmates around us like when Karma asked me out.

"Yeah, I guess I kinda am," Karma agreed and kissed me lightly. My heart still skipped a beat whenever he came close to me. This boy impacted my life in both good and bad ways. I could never repay him enough for being there for me.