Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I immediately began to feel incredibly vulnerable as I realized the situation I'm stuck in. Ellie is somewhere in this room, free. He could attack me at any moment.

I have become his next target, he could attack just as he did my father. Just as he did me, all those months ago.

Doing the first thing that came to mind, I ran towards the counter and grabbed a syringe of medicine. Maybe, he is like a dog. Somehow he would obey me like I'm his master, if I tempt him with a treat.

Or he could bite me and tear my flesh to shreds, like a rabid animal. I wouldn't be too surprised considering he already tried to kill me once.

"Ellie." I called out for him as I pressed my body against the wall, so if he were to try and attack, he would have to do it from the front. If I was going to die, I didn't want my death to be in an undignified position.

The room, though it's not incredibly big, it has multiple objects easy to hide behind, and the light doesn't cover the entirety of it. There are corners and spaces still dark from the shadows.

"W-Would you like more medicine? I've got more for you right here." I held up the syringe, though I wasn't even sure if he was looking at me, or if he could understand what the hell I'm saying.

I heard the sounds of a chain being dragged against the concrete flooring to my right. I spun my head over to see Ellie, standing half in the light, and half covered in the shadowed corner. Though he managed to break out from the cell, chains were still intertwined with his arms.

I faced my body towards him, and did the only thing I thought to do, I tried to comfort him. "It's alright." I said in a mellow tone, "I promise, I won't hurt you." As if I could even if I wanted to.

He took a step closer, his eyes locked on me. I couldn't read the look on his face. I wasn't sure if he were scared or if he were angry.

I prayed it wasn't the latter.

I glanced down at the syringe in my hand, it was my only peace offering. It's the only thing I knew I had that he wanted, that he needed.

"Here." I lifted my hand with the syringe out, "Do you want this?"

He took another few steps towards me. His body was completely visible now, as he was fully in the light. I couldn't help but be a bit taken back by looking at him. This was the first time I've actually seen him fully in light since the day he attacked me.

He looks different. The blackness of his fingernails have thickened. His body is covered in black streaks as the toxic liquid flows through his veins. Even his eyes are starting to turn a black color I've never knew eyes could even be.

Slowly, he rose his hand up, though still not taking his eyes off mine, he took the syringe from my hand, and injected it in his arm, as if he's done it a million times before.

I watched as his incredibly tense body relaxed as if he got a temporary high by taking the medicine. He stumbled slightly as he took another step forward. My entire body was being pressed against the wall with such pressure, it began to hurt.

There was nowhere for me to go. I could try and run up the stairs, but there was no point. If he could break open a solid metal door, he could easily break open a wooden one.

I wasn't sure whether to scream for help, or if anyone could actually help me. Ellie is strong, supernatural even. I don't know the extent of his physical power, and I fear how rapidly it's increasing.

With that thought in mind I realized just how dangerous it'd be if he left this house. If he can easily hurt me and my father, I couldn't imagine what he'd do to an innocent civilian who knew nothing about him.