Poison

PROLOUGE.

A red head girl sits on a swing, minding her own business at the age of six years.  

It was pretty much perfect, it was a perfect recess. It was beautiful outside. She had who she could call her best friend, Jack.  

Jack was a Lebanese boy who had just joined her kindergarten. He had big brown eyes and brown hair, with big matching eyebrows.

The young girl sometimes found herself giggling and petting the boy's eyebrows.  

They became friends the day they realized they were both different. The girl had red hair and a small array of light brown freckles scattered over her small shoulders.  

The boy was from a different nationality.. He hated it because the other children would make fun of him for that very miniscule reason. The children also made fun of the girl because of her hair.

They were instant buddies. Nothing could tear the two apart

Well, except, maybe Alex.

Alex was also different and wanted Jack as HIS buddy. Alex just moved from Essex, England. She thought for sure everyone would hate him for being different. But that was certainly not the case. Everyone, and I mean everyone loved Alex. Or Alexander. He had a cool accent and he was a very adorable little child, much like the girl and Jack.

All of the children wanted to color with Alex and to hear him talk. They would all fight to get the seat next to the English boy.

Anyways. As I was saying.

It was pretty much, that's the key word. The young girl swings her legs, being mindful for the sand below her and her best friend at her side. They were all smiles and giggles.  

"Look we're married Emily!" Jack shouted from his swing, which caused her to erupt into a fit of giggles.

That was until they heard a boy clear his throat and a very distinct English accent speak up.

"Hello!" The boy known as Alex said as they slowed to a stop. He threw the girl a very fake smile before turning to Jack and outstretching a little hand "I'm Alex! Do you want to be best friends? You're different just like me." He smiled big, showing his little teeth. Everything about them was little.

Jack turned to the girl and back to Alex "Sure!"

She was sure she was glaring holes into both of the boys as they ran away. Slinking back onto the swing, she pouted and put her chin in her hands.

"You said I was different forever.. You said we'd be friends forever.." She mumbled out the word poison at no one in particular.

It was that very day that Emily decided something.

Something very important.

She would never be friends with that Alexander.