Chapter III.

Some people say things happen for a reason, some would love to call bull-shit on that.

Some wouldn't.

Emily was a strong non-believer in that.

Avis wasn't.

It's really a matter of opinion. Or not. I'm not the one to tell any of you how it really is.

So, needless to say Emily was confused and, to be quite honest, a little scared when she closed her locker.

Avis, Matt and Michael had gone back to Avis' house, because Emily wanted to stay back and talk to someone that she hadn't seen all summer.

Emily was finally putting her jacket on and the moment she closed her locker door she let out a very small shriek. She did not expect what she saw, she didn't expect anyone at all.

Let alone, him.

"Emily?" His voice was a lot different up close, and not so high-pitched as it was back then.

"What?" Was her sharp response, spewing word poison at him again, just like back in Kindergarten.

Alex looked up in a search of words, scratching the back of his neck. "I was.. just uh.. wondering why you hate me so much?" It sounded much more like a question than an answer.

Emily didn't think she had done anything to express her hate towards him.

She thought back to over the past few days.

Emily had highfived anyone who made a comment about him, insinuated that he was dumber than a bag of rocks, mumbled any lude name about him that she could under her breath, and sent him the finger when she thought he wasn't looking.

But, he was looking.

"You flipped me off, more than once." He paused again, seemingly looking for the right words again before he spoke, looking down "I guess, you're just being kind of a bitch."

That was it.

She slammed her locker shut and turned, slapping him as she walked down the hall and out of the English boy's sight.

Emily didn't bother calling Avis, just drove straight to her house.

Emily also didn't bother knocking or anything, just walked in, throwing her bag onto the kitchen counter before turning into the living room where an intense game of Mario Kart was taking place between the two boys.

"Guys." Emily cleared her throat. "I need to speak to Av. Now."

"I was just going anyways." Michael smiled before rushing over and patting Emily on the back before basically waltzing out the front door.

"You too Matthew." He faked a sigh, Avis pointed to her bedroom and off he went.

Avis let out a small chuckle "what could have possible happened that made you so upset that you couldn't even tell Michael?" She questioned, patting the spot beside her.

Once Emily had told her everything, Avis sat up and grinned like a madman.

"It happened for a reason."

Emily sat up and looked at her with a confused expression "What the hell do you mean?"

"It's simple. You never believe me." She let out what seemed to be a chuckle she had been holding in. "You stayed in school for about twenty minutes, and he, just happened to be there." Avis's voice was almost a whisper, as she put the emphasis on the word 'he'.

"That's all bullshit."

»»»»»»»»»»

Emily had finally got home when she got a call from an unknown number.

"I'm really sorry.."

Oh god, not this.

»A/n: Sorry for all the filler chapters ;-; But Alex was in more of this chapter, I promise it will get better.~»