Chapter IV.

Emily figured that she might as well talk to the boy, seeing as she had left a reasonable mark on that stupid (yet oh so handsome) face of his. She held the phone up to her ear.

Tossing her bag onto the floor beside her bed, she walked into the bathroom, listening to Alex talk for a bit as she got out her necessary things for getting ready for - you know, night time stuff.

She wasn't sure how long she had been contemplating what to say until the boy on the other end cleared his throat. "Y'know what, don't even worry about it.. I was just overreacting, honestly. No worries," was what she managed to get out before biting her inner cheek (also pushing tooth paste onto the brush in a quite angry manor), to stop the floodgates of curses just ready to be thrown at him. 

"I mean, I wasn't sorry about that," Emily was about to say something, toothbrush almost falling out of her mouth that was wide with exasperation, but then Alex spoke again, sweet as sugar, "I am. But I'm awfully sorry for whatever I did to make you dislike me.. I'll do anything to make up for my behavior." 

What she wanted to say was, "You stole my only friend in kindergarten and I just kinda swore to never be your friend. But now you're all grown up and I feel bad about it, because you're not half bad. But I still want my friend back, you asshole." Not like she'd tell Avis, Alex, or Michael that. Not over her dead - or alive body. She still hated him, (mostly because she'd never admit that he has some decency).

"Alex, no, it's fine, really. I said don't worry about it," she mumbled, biting down on her cheek harder, muffling one end of the phone as she spit out the foamy substance. Emily turned and flipped the light off. She pulled on some sweats before flopping onto her bed that she felt like she hadn't laid in since the French revolution or something. 

"No really, Emily. I feel so bad about this and I don't even know what I did to hurt you.. but it must've been a lot to make you hate me this much.."

Emily didn't want him saying anything else about this, nor did she want to say anything more to him, it was all a bit much, so she just kinda hung up on him in panic, cringing as she did so. Not one of her best ideas, but it'll do. She placed her phone on the nightstand, flipping off that light as well.

Alex had never done one nice thing to her in all of her seventeen years of, well, existing. She automatically assumed that he was probably up to something.

And with that, she slunk down further into bed, not even bothering with anything else at this moment, phone completely forgotten on her bedside table.

Closing her eyes, she sighed quietly. There was never much drama in her life, besides the occasionally cold shoulder treatment being exchanged between the three friends, but nothing serious. (Not that this could be counted as drama, but it was still something completely unexpected.)

Emily was starting to forget the situation each time her eyelids got heavier, sleeping nearing itself. 

But then one thought popped into her mind. 

How the hell did Alex get her number?