The Hostess with the Mostest

Natsuko stood, pouting, at the door of the music room. She was looking at two ginger haired boys, holding out makeup and a fancy dress. "No." She growled. "Awwww why not?" Kaoru wined. "You'd look so pretty!" Natsuko turned a deep red. "Fine," she sighed. "But only because you two are my best friends." Over the weekend, the twins had shown up at the Hayashi house and had somehow managed to become her BFFs over night. Now they stood here, looking innocent and angel like, offering her the frilliest, most girly, most revolting dress ever made by man kind. Secretly, Natsuko liked the dress' style. It was tight around the top and flowing from the waist down. It was a beautiful gold with red in some places. "We made it gold because all of the hosts are wearing red today. Kyoya found out from your father that red and gold are your family colors... so we figured we'd honor your family when you joined the club." Kaoru said shyly. "Kao here," Hikaru said, nudging his twin. "Is wearing gold to match you." Natsuko turned even more red. She was embarrassed to see that Kaoru was blushing as well. So Natsuko grabbed the dress and walked to the dressing rooms. The twins followed. After she changed into the dress, Natsuko stood and waited for the twins to change. When they came out, Natsuko was blown away by how handsome they looked. Kaoru was wearing a white suit with gold highlights, and a red and gold tie. Hikaru was wearing a subtle red suit with a gold tie. "What do you think Natsuko?" Came Tamaki's voice from the door. "They're very nice Tamaki. Thank you... no one ever does anything for my family." Natsuko whispered. The twins lead her outside to the courtyard, where they was everything set up as if for a ball. There were at least forty tables, and the surrounding plants were in full bloom. All of the hosts were standing around waiting for the party to begin. "Five more minutes!" Tamaki called. "Get into position men! And lady!" The hosts gathered around a velvet chair. Tamaki sat in the chair. Haruhi stood to the right of it. Hunny and Mori stood to the left. The twins stood directly behind it with a gap between them. "Come on Natsuko! Hurry!" Kaoru said playfully gesturing to the gap. "You stand here!" She slipped into the gap, and Kaoru put his arm around her waist. "5, 4, 3, 2, and we are open for business!" Tamaki whispered. The gates to the courtyard flew open, revealing at least 30 girls and about 50 boys. "Wow! There are more guys than girls!" Hikaru whispered in surprise. The hosts split up, going to their separate tables. Natsuko walked gracefully to her table. Kaoru followed. "Kaoru, don't you have customers that have requested you?" She said as the ginger sat down beside her. "Well, yes, but the boss told me to sit with you and make sure you did ok. Besides, Hikaru can handle our customers by himself." "Ok, thanks Kaoru." The twin pulled the chair out, and Natsuko sat down. At the front of the courtyard, Kyoya was organizing the boys and collecting their payments. The first boy to make it through Kyoya's little tax booth had copper brown hair, and looked almost like a girl. "Hi! I'm Miyoko Suzuki! How are you?" (A/N: plz plz plz read my other Ouran fanfic! Miyoko is my main character in that one... ~Muggleborn103) (from this point on the story is from first person view... deal with it... I don't have enough time to make I second person..) I'm good Mr. Suzuki. How are you?" "Doing well thank you!" He said and he sat down next to me. More and more boys swarmed to the table, chattering and looking around excitedly. I felt my heart pounding in my chest. What am I supposed to do?! I thought. And then a hand grasped mine gently. "It's ok." Kaoru whispered. My heart fluttered at the sound of his voice. "Thanks Kaoru... it means a lot that you sit with me." He smiled and turned a light pink. I smiled back and ran my thumb over the back of his hand gently. Through the whole time I was hosting he held my hand, and that was when I knew that Kaoru wasn't just my friend. He was more to me. And it was quite clear now that I was more to him. One of us just had to have the courage to make a move. And I could tell he had built up the courage to do just that. When the time was over, I politely said goodbye to the boys, and Kaoru offered to take me to our next class. As we walked away, he turned his head, and Hikaru gave him a thumbs up. Something was up. When we were almost to the class, Kaoru pulled me aside. "Sorry I had to go to the bathroom before we left Natsuko.." he said. And the ginger leaned in to kiss me. "Hikaru I know it's you." I said. "Oh thank God! I thought Kaoru's plan to test whether you really like him only would work!" He sighed. "Kao! Come out! She passed!" And Kaoru stepped shyly out from behind a pillar. He smiled. And I laughed at his cautious behavior. "I'm not mad Kao." I said softly. He looked relieved. "Ahem, uh Hika?" He said suggestively. And his twin left. I walked up to Kaoru. "Thanks for sitting with me..." I said awkwardly. He smiled. "No problem." "No really thank yo-" I couldn't finish my sentence because my lips were kind of busy. Kaoru had kissed me, very gently. I kissed him back, a little more firmly, wanting him to know that what he was doing was what I wanted. I wrapped my hands around his neck, and he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. My stomach was exploding with butterflies. He pulled away gently, looking at me. "So..." I said. "So?" "So are we like a couple now?" I asked. "I guess... I'm going to ask Tamaki if I can still host if I have a gorgeous girlfriend." I kissed him aagain. He laughed. "What was that for?" "You called me gorgeous... but you're way more handsome than I am pretty."
       And so Kaoru talked to Tamaki and he said that as long as I'm ok with Kaoru hosting, he can. Kaoru shot me a glance and I nodded. Then we walked out of school together. About halfway down the steps I tripped. Kaoru caught me, but fell too. I landed on top of him and I could hear him grunt in pain. "Kao!" I gasped. I rolled off of him and pulled him up. "You ok?" I asked quietly, giving him a gentle kiss. "Yeah I'm fine as long as you're not hurt." He smiled. "Yes I'm ok." I laughed. "Kao, I would like to introduce you to my father." "I thought I'd already met him?" "Yes but I want him to know that you're my boyfriend! So can you come to dinner tonight?" "Of course Natsuko."