Chapter 1

Alessa

"Figlio di puttana! You imbecile! You idiot!" I screamed as I pulled my hair from my head. "Congratulations, you've basically alerted the entire Camorra base of our presence," I hissed.

I was sent on a mission to steal classified files regarding the arms trade from the rival mafia family, the Camorras, in order to secure the Genovese family's dominance in Italy. I had brought along my two closest members, Lorenzo and Cesare to help me on this mission, but I was really starting to regret my decision to bring them along.

"Cesare, you idiota, that was the fucking alarm not the closing hatch," Lorenzo hissed.
"Well shit. How was I supposed to know?" Cesare complained.
"Both of you shut up!" I hissed. I yanked the flash drive out of the computer. "I got the information let's go!"

We bolted out of the room, stepping over the unconscious bodies we had knocked out on our way to retrieve the information.
"That's them! The Genovese infiltrators!" A group of guards came charging in our direction.
"Merda!" I cursed. "Go, go, go!" I ordered. We sprinted in the opposite direction only to see another group of guards running our way. We sprinted into a hallway on the left.
"Okay, so what now?" Lorenzo said exasperated.
"Well," I said as I looked up at the ceiling, "We go up."

I grabbed Cesare's shoulders and forced him down to kneel. I stepped onto his back and reached for the vent.
"Anytime now, Alessa" Lorenzo gritted out.
"I'm too young to die, oh dio I'm too young to die," Cesare whimpered.
"Keep them occupied or something!" I snapped. I saw from the corner of my eye Lorenzo pulling out both his shot guns and heard him fire at the approaching guards.
"Got it!" I cried triumphantly as I popped the vent off. I wiggled myself into the small gap and I quickly reached for Cesare.
"Step on Lorenzo," I ordered. With Lorenzo's help I was able to pull Cesare into the vent. After he was in he reached out to pull Lorenzo in the nick of time, right before the guards came panting into the hallway.

We breathed a sigh of relief.
"Dio, I think I aged another ten years," Cesare exhaled.
"We have to keep moving. We've been on Camorra territory to long for my liking," I said as I checked my watch.
.
.
"Padre, I have the files you asked for." I placed the flash drive on his desk. My padre was the retired don of the Genovese mafia, the most powerful mafia family in Italy. He had passed on the don title to me two years ago on my sixteenth birthday, and I had been running it ever since. He had specifically ordered this mission from me and I had no choice but to comply.

He opened the files. I watched as his face turned from white to beet red to swollen purple in a span of 10 seconds. Had I gotten the wrong files?
"Padre? What is it?" I asked. I moved around his desk to tke a look on the laptop screen. What I saw was much, much worse than wrong files.

Alessa up top!