Chapter 2

Alessa

"What is it, padre?" I asked.
He turned his laptop around so that it was facing me. What I saw on the screen was definitely not the classified files I had risked my precious ass to get.
.
.
"We must place this entire compound on lockdown. We have a breach in our system. The files were fake, a trick. The Camorra family has made it clear that they want Alessa." Padre growled out.
"You are overreacting, padre. And with all due respect I think you are forgetting who the don of this mafia is," I said as I cocked an eyebrow. Without waiting for his reply I began to give out orders.
"Cesare, run a scan on all the tech we have. Lorenzo, take a team with you and scout the parameters. Luca and Cristiano I want you to stand guard around my father 24/7."
"Yes, don," they nodded.

I opened my mouth to give more orders when my father interrupted me.
"Alessa, no. You are now a target. The Camorra family is after your head and I will not risk having you at this compound. I have already talked to my associates in America and- "
"Excuse me? You will not- " I realized my men were still surrounding us and waved my hand to dismiss them. "Padre, you will not be sending me to America! Not when the safety and authority of the Genovese family is being threatened! This is the risk I was prepared for when I accepted this position!"
"I have already spoken with the consigliere. This is final and I will not hear another word about it. You will be accompanied by the underboss, Lorenzo, as well as a capo, preferably Cesare. I will also have team stationed in the house you will be staying at. You will all be going undercover at an American high school- "
"An American high school?!" I interrupted Padre.
"Yes, an American high school. I want you to investigate some of our associates there as well. There has been some suspicious activity with the Camorra lately and I fear we have a mole. I'm afraid all this adds up too well. This will keep you out of the sights of the Camorra here in Italy while at the same time keeping a close eye on our associates. And as your father and the previous don of this Family, you are to obey. You will leave in the morning."

I curled up my fists and took a deep breath. Without another word, I spun on my heel and stalked away to my room. Once I got to my room I quickly changed into my workout clothes and headed to Lorenzo's room. I knocked on his door and peered my head in. I saw Lorenzo, Cesare, and his crew talking and laughing with each other. When they saw me they quickly scrambled to their feet in a respectful posture.
"Is there anything we can do for you, don?"
"Yes, actually. Lorenzo, are you up for a sparring session?" I grinned.
"Of course, he replied.
"I'll meet you there, yes?" Without waiting for his reply I swiftly headed towards the gym in our compound.
.
.
.
tap, tap, tap. Lorenzo's hand frantically tapped me. I released him from the chokehold I had him in and helped him up, grinning.
"Beat you again, Lorenzo. What is this, my third win?"
He rolled his eyes."I'm going easy on you that's all."
"Sure," I snorted. "Let's try again."

Lorenzo took a deep breath. "Alessa, I understand your frustration with your father. But he is doing what I best for you and the Family. You remaining here would put an even larger target on our backs." Lorenzo reasoned. "And plus, how bad can an American high school be?"
I groaned. "I hate it when you're right, Lorenzo. Come on, let's get packing."

I hope you enjoy this chapter(: I'm currently looking for a character for Cesare and Simon. Any suggestions? I also will be updating more frequently now that I'm on spring break!
P.S. Lorenzo up top played by James Franco! (: