Sophie

22. Sophie

Liam and Josh were headed back to the school when the bumped in to a girl. She was rather short, and had a pixie hair cut. She folded her arms across her chest and asked them what they were so in a hurry for and why it was so important they didn’t seem to remember their manners.

“Uh, we found something,” Liam and Josh said at the same time.

“Oh?”

The boys nodded.

The girl grinned and extended her hand to the twins. “I don’t believe we’ve met. I’m Sophie,” She said. The twins hesitantly shook her hand. “Liam and Josh,” they said in unison. Sophie folded her arms across her chest again, “Do you guys always talk like that?”

“Yea, but-“ Liam started.

“Only around other people,” Josh finished.

Sophie laughed. “Alright, cool. So mind showing me what you found?”

“That,” Liam pointed at the cave’s entrance. “Eerie, right?”

Sophie nodded. “Absolutely.” She stepped forward and looked down the creek, then up it. No crossing, she found out. But that cave, it even looked terrifying. What was so special about it, though, that set it apart from any other scary thing?

“It’s like it’s too dark,” Josh seemed to read her mind. She nodded slowly wondered what was inside. “Maybe we should tell Vaan?” She suggested. “It’s kind of creepy, and maybe it might be something to do with the Agents.”

Both of twins nodded.

“Plus,” Sophie added as she turned around to walk back, “I don’t know about you guys, but that thing is giving the creeps and I want to be able to sleep tonight.” She laughed and winked at the boys.