[1] His Bloody Nose!

I nearly hit the ground in a crippled heap of desperation the second I heard the loud smack of the volleyball behind me, flinching harshly as I was reminded that I wasn't as safe as I normally was on the sidelines. This was real; I was on the court and nothing could stop me from dying today. My eyes darted back and forth, locked on the volleyball to make sure I stayed far from it. Everyone was moving around me but I didn't dare move with them.

"Nice serve, Daichi!" Suga called from the other side of the net, smiling proudly. Sawamura smiled and scratched the back of his neck as Tanaka set up the ball for Asahi to spike and I scurried out of the way, leaving the middle utterly open.

"OI! KATSU, STOP BEING A CHICKEN!" Ukai shouted at me as he jumped up from his spot beside Takeda Sensei with his fists clenched, "YOU BETTER TOUCH THAT BALL!"

Hinata suddenly dove in front of me to save the point and I jumped out of the way with a squeak, turning to leave the court desperately --ignoring Ukai's continued shouts-- but was caught by the collar of my shirt by Kageyama before I could step foot out of my spot.

"You're staying right here," he yanked my arms forward and slid me back into the middle front row, "just bounce it back like we were doing in your backyard."

My eyes went wide when Suga shouted something out to Asahi, who was mid-air in front of me on the other side of the net, palm open to spike. I went cold and shut my eyes.

"WATCH OUT FOR TOMO!"

The next few seconds were silent, but I felt the volleyball lightly fall on my forearms and go back into play, forcing me to pry open an eye.

"Mine!" Ennoshita called out, skidding to a stop beside me to connect my weak receive.

Abruptly, Kageyama and I turned towards Asahi and saw that he was being told again to watch where he spiked, which meant that he'd only tapped the ball over when he realized it would have gone straight to me. I watched the ball carefully as it was set up by Suga and flinched when I saw Asahi run to hit it, not once missing a beat. Out of nowhere, my arm was yanked backward and I stumbled in front of Hinata and, much to everyone's horror and Hinata's complete shock, it had been Tsukishima.

"ASAHI, DON'T!"

"TOMO!"

There was no loud smack. Instead, I reacted by instinct and bounced the ball back into play when Asahi panicked and tapped it over again, sending it towards Kageyama as my knees started to shake.

"They won't spike where she is," Tsukishima snickered, jogging past us to get ready to block. Kageyama stared at me as he set the ball for Hinata --who also needed a second to understand what I had done-- and narrowed his eyes at our middle blocker angrily. On the other side, Yamaguchi gasped but Ukai blew the whistle when Hinata scored the point and stopped the oncoming argument.

"I-Is that legal?!" Takeda Sensei stammered, tugging at his hair as he skimmed through his little rulebook. Tsukishima pushed his glasses up and put a hand on his hip, ideally unfazed by the nasty glares being sent is way by the freak duo that was trying to shove me behind them. I wanted to join in on the glaring but was too short to even make an appearance.

"No rule was broken, Asahi-San just decided to not spike," Glasses said bluntly, shrugging indifferently. We all turned to Coach Ukai to hear his verdict, though, in the pit of my stomach, I could already guess what it was going to be, judging by the smirk on his face as he scratched his chin in thought.

"I'll allow it," he waved his hand and blew the whistle, forcing everyone to go back to our spots and keep playing. I made a mental note to snitch on him to my dad and rotated, now on the right wing side of the court. I offered everyone an assuring smile when I realized they all seemed tense, hoping to calm myself down too. I just had to stay away from Tsukishima and I'd hopefully be fine.