[24] Reality Hits

I was never someone to wake up late. Even on weekends, I didn't sleep in, and that might have been because I could never trust Dad to open the gym on time, but the fact still stood that my body would always know when to get up. I was never the one to rush into class late with a piece of toast hanging off the corner of my mouth or skidding into view just as the teacher was taking attendance—I'd rather skip the whole day than have attention on me for doing something wrong. I'd rather die than miss a whole day of school. So, as logic would count it all in, I don't wake up late... ever. But this morning, I woke up late, and it was a shared guilt because Kageyama was snoring softly beside me, his arms somehow wrapped around my waist, and because of all that, I screamed. Before letting out my first scream of the day and pushing Kageyama off the bed, I think it would be fair to explain my train of thoughts before I very understandably panicked.

It had taken a second for my eyes to adjust and focus on the main concerns when I first woke up, and since there were many concerns, I guess it took more than a few seconds. The first concern was waking up in a bedroom that wasn't mine. I naturally looked around, turned my head to the left and bumped noses with someone who had dark black, messy hair that was poking out at odd angles, and let out that scream when I put two and two together. I wiggled out of his arms, kneed him away from me which made him fall to the ground, and I took the sheets to wrap myself up, which would hopefully keep me safe from the oncoming turmoil that I thought were on the way.

Downstairs, I heard the kitchen pots and pans clang and my blood turned cold.

"Tomo, what the hell!" Kageyama rubbed the back of his head and glared at me, "What's wrong with you?"

For the first time since we met, I glared back at him and Kageyama's stare faltered.

"What do you mean, what's wrong with me?" I raised a blanket covered finger and shoved it in his direction, "You don't think that a girl sleeping in your room, while your parents are downstairs, is wrong? Especially with how important it is for us to not be late today?"

I was hissing, I noticed it by the end of my second question, but I didn't stop myself since Kageyama only blinked in response to my borderline hysterics and it made me glare harder. Slowly, after taking a moment to take in everything I had spewed, Kageyama got up from his spot on the floor, now awake as he seemed to get taller while he looked down on me. I shrank a little, and he yanked away the safety I had before throwing me over his shoulders. I screamed for the second time that morning.

"You can't take me down there, I don't have a gift for your mom—"

Kageyama shook me around and I bit my lip on accident.

"It's just Hinata, stop being such a spaz," he told me, carefully stepping down the stairs and making his way into the kitchen. From the corner of my eye, I saw a hair of orange and I let myself breathe, and Hinata spun around from his spot (where he was digging into the fridge) to yell at the setter. I blocked it out, it was nothing new. He was yelling at Kageyama for treating me so roughly and Kageyama was accusing him of stuffing his face with the food for breakfast before we'd even gotten down here. I was being shaken around now, and I caught the word 'fight', making my eyes go wide.

"I'd like to point out that I'm still on your shoulder," I quickly added, raising a finger. Both of them stopped bickering and Hinata made his way around, shuffling over to finally speak to me in person. I waved as I hung from Kageyama's shoulder and Hinata smiled.

"Good morning, Hinata," I chirped. This made his smile widen, now ear to ear. He seemed so excited and so ready for the day, a grain of rice stuck to the corner of his mouth and the words started to just go, his body vibrating with the energy he was hitting me with at nine in the morning. I admit, I didn't catch half of the sentence structure he was using, (if he was using any), but I got the gist of it when he started making the 'woosh!' and 'wham!' sound effects. He was going on about the games yesterday, and I waited for him to finish his hurricane of emotions so that I could remind him that I had been there the whole time, but a second later, Hinata shouted right in my ear instead of slowing down.