Society Killed the Teenager

CHAPTER 1 MEET THE SPARKS

A tiny bit of noise pierced my dreamless slumber. I could hear a person giggling to my left and a small shuffling to my right. A soft “ssshhh!” that kept everything almost silent. I rolled over to my side, trying to bury my head under my pillows, ignoring the weird sounds.

Still, I could hear them. “I said, quiet! You’re going to ruin it.” Someone said.

 I closed my eyes firmly shut and added another layer of pillows on my head. I groaned, my whole body was aching with every move that I made. I could feel the bangles I didn't bother to take off digging into my arm, making twinkling noises as they collided with each other.

All was quiet then. My alarm clock went off giving out a shrill wail through the air. Pain shot up in my head. The noise was creating invisible pressure that went against my temples making it feel heavy but light at the same time.

I groaned again, my hand blindly reaching for the clock at my bedside table. As I almost shut it off, it toppled over and landed on my rug with a soft thud.

Great.

I just laid there, I tried to bury my head under the pillows once more, and never giving a fuck about the noise my alarm clock was making. I silently prayed that an elephant would step on it and silence it forever.

I heard my door creak open. You know the slow sound doors make in horror movies where the potential victim is hiding in a dark and cramped section of the room trying to run away from the psychopath that wanted to kill her. She then realizes that running up to her room was a bad idea and that she just set up her own death trap. The girl tries to run but the door slowly swings open, giving off a hair raising creak. She didn't lock the door, oh how stupid of her... And then she dies. 

Yep, that sound.

"Wake up, sleepy head." he said, tickling my sides as he did so, I slapped his arm away, and he gave out a silent "Ouch." I dug myself deeper into the mattress. Clamping my eyes shut. I didn't want to wake up yet. I didn't want to face what my fucked up life has in store for me. 

Oh joy. Another day to live through.

"Why are you here? Get out of my room." I said, not bothering to raise my head from my fortress of pillows, my voice quite muffled by them.

"Well, I wouldn't even be here if you didn't leave your door open and if you turned off your alarm. It's waking up the whole house." he explained, I heard him scoot over to kill my alarm. 

I sighed loudly, grateful that finally peace and quiet was miraculously within my reach. I relaxed back into the covers of my bed, urging sleep to take me. When one of the maid's voices rang through out the third floor: "Chase Phillip! You take your bath now!

Oh yeah. Miracles don't happen, I forgot.

"What do you think you were doing last night? You were with Nathan again. You do know that he's an ass. Why bother going out with him?" he asked. Ugh. Here he goes again. My twin brother's “over protective brother counter-part”.

"I was drunk. I go out with him because dad doesn't like him. I could tell that you do too." I said against my bed sheets my voice flat and hoarse from sleep.

"Well, that much was obvious..." he said as a matter of factly. I could almost see him flailing his arms into the air as he said this.

I decided it was okay to raise my head a little and give my brother the Death Glare.

"Jesus Christ! Dawn Jeannelle you look horrible!" he exclaimed, his mouth popping into the "O" of horror. He rested his hands on my shoulders, maneuvering my upper body to turn so he could get a better view. This angle and that, his face morphing into different horror expressions at each one. I submitted to his will lazily my eyes half-closed. I could see his chestnut brown hair giving off some glit of gold as sunlight caught it in its beams. He was staring at me dramatically with his forest green eyes. Tall and lean, he exudes that fresh brotherly vibe where the older brother keeps a lookout for his little sister. Well, techinically he is older. But only by an hour. Typical Ashton, always watching out for me. After he had his fun, I again slapped his hands away.