Part 2

It's already been two weeks since Seijuro's death and the feeling of guilt was tearing Rin apart. Every time he would walk the halls at school, he would cringe every time he heard a student say, "Poor Seijuro" or "There's a ghoul in the school" or "Why can't they just leave us alone." It didn't help that he would always pass the memorial shrine that the students made for Seijuro. It didn't help that Nitori would always say how he missed Seijuro so much. It didn't help that Momo doesn't even come to school anymore. It didn't help that everyone at the swim practices refuse to pay attention or give it their all during practice. It didn't help that-

Rin was a ghoul.

As he sat in class, everyone tried to carry on with their lives and act as if everything was normal again. They knew that Seijuro wouldn't want them mourning. The teacher would have trouble speaking from time to time, but the lesson would still get across...but it's not like Rin would pay attention to it. "Class," The teacher interrupted his thoughts and all heads within the class faced the front. "We have a student joining us today. His name is Yamazaki Sousuke." Rin's eyes widened and he gazed at the student that took his place next to the teacher. His short, spiky black hair; his crystal bluish green eyes. The usual poker face consisting of narrowed eyes and a straight mouth. It was really him. Rin honestly couldn't believe it.

Sousuke...

As if the other heard him, Sousuke turned towards where Rin was sitting. A small smirk made its way onto his face, but that's all the attention he gave to Rin before he diverted his attention back to the teacher. The shark boy sucked his teeth but laughed a little inside.

"I still can't believe that happened..." Sousuke said as he and Rin sat outside on the school steps. "Yeah...it's crazy" Rin replied, mumbling the last part. Sousuke blinked and laid back, placing his hands behind his head. "To think...a ghoul in the school," he said, Rin shuddering at his words and lying back as well. "...but I heard that Doves were going to start investigating all the schools in the area now." Rin's heart stopped as he turned his head to look Sousuke in the eye.

"W-what?"

"Yeah. I walked by some teachers and heard them discussing having Doves coming and investigating so that they can track the ghoul." As Sousuke spoke, Rin could picture the events unfolding. The Doves would come in, investigate the body, interview the students, take samples and then...run tests on every student. Run tests on every teacher. Run tests on everyone. When they start to test on Rin, they would find out that he's a ghoul and try to kill him. Word would spread like wildfire and everyone would know that he was a ghoul. Everyone would be scared of him. Everyone would hate him. Everyone would want him dead. Even....

"Yo, Rin."

Rin blinked and looked at Sousuke, the other's eyes locking with his. He smiled softly. "Calm down, dude," he said, leaning up and looking out at the courtyard. "Everything will be fine. I promise." Rin blinked and leaned up as well, smiling nervously. "R-right" Easy for you to say. It's not you they'll be searching for. Rin looked out to the courtyard as well and sighed, looking over to Sousuke (who coincidentally met his eyes as well.) "Hey, Sousuke..." he started, looking down for a second before looking back up. "I was wondering something..." Sousuke blinked but just nodded. "What do you think will happen if the Doves don't catch the ghoul?" Sousuke didn't answer right away, but rather he narrowed his eyes and furrowed his brows. Rin didn't expect him to think of an answer with so much focus. Finally, Sousuke sighed and said, with a small laugh: "I'm sure that the ghoul will be caught. If not, then it will continue to kill...." His voice suddenly got very low and Rin could've sworn he never heard Sousuke sound this serious before. Then, his voice suddenly sprang back up. "They will catch the ghoul, Rin, so don't worry about it." Rin swallowed the lump that was forming in his throat, but he managed to fake a smile with his sharp teeth. "Right, I'm sure they will too" he said. I'm sure that I will have to worry, Sousuke.... Sousuke then stood up and started to walk down the steps, throwing his bag over his shoulder. "Anyway, I have to go now. We should hang out this weekend though." Before Rin could reply, Sousuke was already gone. He sighed and stood up, proceeding to head to his dorm room.