Part 5

As Rin and Haru went about their day, Rin was extremely vigilant. Everywhere that they went, he would always be cautious of their surroundings. He didn't know if Makoto was still following them or not, but he wanted to be sure. Rin wasn't prepared to take any chances and he didn't want to get Haru involved in anything.

He especially didn't want Haru to find out the truth.

"Rin." 

The redhead snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Haru call his name. He turned to look at the other, who was staring back at him with a look of concern. Damnit. "Are you alright?" Haru asked, pointing at the plate that was sitting in front of Rin. Rin blinked slowly as reality started coming back to him. That's right. He and Haru came upon this small restaurant during their walk and, because it wasn't very crowded, decided that this was where they were going to eat. Well, where Haru was going to eat. "You haven't even started touching your food...."

Rin bit his lip and sighed, smirking at his boyfriend. "Relax, Haru. I'm fine" he replied back before picking up his bowl of rice. "I was just thinking about something." Haru stared for a second before frowning slightly and going back to eating his food, missing the glare that Rin directed at the bowl of rice. Damn. I really don't want to eat this he thought as he began eating. Rin cringed slightly but forced himself to swallow the food since Haru looked back up at him. He seemed content and began to dig into his mackerel with a small smile on his face. Rin continued to watch him, his eyes slowly narrowed as he watched Haru bring the small bits to his mouth and began to chew before swallowing. His scarlet eyes followed the small lumps that appeared in Haru's throat before disappearing and he sucked his teeth when Haru released a small moan. It's almost he loves that fish more than me he thought a little enviously.

Rin went to call Haru's name, but was interrupted by the small moan as Haru took another bite. Rin huffed and slowly placed his bowl down on the table. His eyes darted to the side and he turned to look behind their table before slouching in the booth. Haru still didn't pay attention and he took that moment to slide underneath the table. The table was just high enough for Rin to be on all fours with a little space between his back and the table without bumping it. He didn't want to give himself away. After covering the small distance quickly, Rin placed his chin on Haru's knee, causing the other boy to jump slightly. Rin chuckled to himself before beginning to softly nibble on the knee, smirking at the other's attempts to move his knee away from under the table. I got you now, fish boy. Rin could already imagine Haru's neutral face baring a tint of red as he tried to focus on finishing his meal. With a devilish grin that revealed his teeth, Rin moved forward some more and placed his head in the space between Haru's leg. Being so close, he could smell all of Haru's food; especially that damn mackerel. With his eyes narrowed and zoned in on their target, Rin's mouth began to part. If Rin could get away with this, he was going to feel like the luckiest boy-

Rin paused on his advance he felt something drop on his head and the smell of fish growing stronger.

"Ah"

Rin tilted his head up slightly and locked eyes with the boy staring down while holding his empty chopsticks. Nonchalantly, Haru plucked the mackerel off his boyfriend's head. "What are you doing down there, Rin?" he asked with a bored but curious tone, but Rin knew better. Underneath those words was something else. Something that Rin was very familiar with and it was the same something that would send his heart racing. His face instantly flushed and he scrambled back under the table to his seat, bumping his head on the table in the process. "Nothing! I was just trying to get your attention since you pay so much to that damn mackerel!" the redhead yelled before pouting and turning his head to face the window. Haru blinked and did a soft chuckle which earned a laugh out of Rin. "Hey, it's not funny!" Rin said in between the laughs while Haru just shook his head. "I'm just glad no one else saw. Luckily, we're the only people on this side of the restaurant" Haru said with a smirk on his face. "But I guess I can get my mind off of food right now since I'm starting to get full." Rin smiled at the other as he felt his cheeks grow slightly warm as Haru leaned back in his seat. "So where do you want go afterwards, Rin? We can go swimming if you want to." Rin gave the boy a dull expression and rolled his eyes. Of course he would want to go swimming... he thought with a smirk. "I mean, we can," Rin started. "But there has to be something else that you want to do instead." Haru's ocean eyes bore deep into Rin and the redhead was unable to read them. He tapped his chin as his eyes looked down to the floor in thought.