Chapter 6 ~ Suprises and Captains

Another picture of Lindsay pictured above!

Lindsay's POV,

Day two of tryouts was done, and we were finding out whether or not we made the team soon. Everyone was sitting in their sweaty soccer clothes, anxious to find out the results. All of a sudden, coach comes into the gym and says, "Lindsay and Aiden, please come into my office please."

I stand up, and look down at Jake and Nick. They both have confused expressions on their faces, and I shrug my shoulders to show them that I have no clue what's going on.

Aiden and I walk into coaches office, both of us looking confused. I sit down in the chair closest to the door, just incase I can run out if Aiden decides to be a prick and annoy me. Aiden sits down, looking eager to find out why we had been called into the office.

"As you may know, for the past 3 years Lindsay has been the captain of this team. You have done a phenomenal job, and I thank you for your commitment. However, every year we've come so close to winning the championship, and I feel like we could use a little extra push in the right direction." Coach says, answering any question that we may have had.

"Thank you coach, but I'm still confused why we're here." I say in response. Is he just here to congratulate me on getting the captain position again, or could he be handing it over to Aiden. The thought of that makes me cry inside.

"Well, let me just cut to the chase. I think Aiden is that push that we need. You two are going to be co-captains this year!" Coach says with excitement.

You. Must. Be. Fucking. Kidding. Me

He can't do this! I've been captain of this team for three years, why do I have to become a "co-captain" for my senior year? That's not fair at all.

I look over to Aiden to see that he has a smug look on his face. What does he think about this?

Coach then adds on by saying. "The two of you will do everything that a captain is required to do, but you will do it together. Be prepared to spend a lot of time together, and if I was true about what I saw you two doing yesterday, I'm sure that won't be a problem."

Huh? What is he talking about! This is ridiculous.

"Ok coach, I'm really sorry but I don't know if I can do this. He's a complete jerk and I don't think that he's capable of being a good leader for this team!" I say furiously.

"Lindsay, Aiden has been the captain of his old school team since he was a freshman too. You both are qualified for the job, so why can you two both be captains? I'm really not seeing a problem here." Coach says.

"Coach, I think that this can all work out. Lindsay and I make a great team." Aiden says, emphasizing the great part.

I turn my head to glare at him, and I see that he is making a pouty face, almost trying to make me agree. Creepy much. I roll my eyes and finally say back to coach, "Fine, I'll do it. But if he does anything wrong I'm going to be talking to you about it."

"That's fair, and the same will go for Aiden. Ok, my captains, your first job is to go back out there and hand out these letters. You both have obviously already made the team, but everyone else will find out their fate." he says to Aiden and I. He holds out a stack of letters, and we both go to grab it. Our hands touch for a second, and I feel that same tingle, but we both quickly pull away.

Coach looks at us with a confused expression on his face, but splits the stack into two and hands us each one. I take the letters and walk out of the room.

Aiden falls into step with me, and he breaks the silence by saying, "You seemed pretty mad about this. I don't understand though. We both are getting what we wanted, to be captain of this team. What's your problem?"

"My problem is you, Aiden. I just don't think that you're right for the position." I say, telling the truth.

He leans close into my ear and says, "Well I guess I'll have to prove you wrong then." My heart starts to race, and I watch as his retreating form goes into the gym. How does he do that to me? All he is is a jerk, but he can make my whole body tingle and my heart go about one hundred times faster.

Realizing that I'll be late if I don't go soon, I walk into the gym behind Aiden. I see the boys, eagerly waiting for their letters. When they see us with them, they all get up and sprint towards us. Not expecting this, I just stood there and watched as they ran our way.

All of a sudden I find myself falling. I close my eyes bracing for the impact of the floor, but it never comes. I realize that I'm laying on top of someone, and I open my eyes to see who the victim was. I almost shout when I realize who it is. Of course it had to be Aiden.

He's looking up at me with a smirk plastered on his face. He then has the audacity to say, "Hey babe. We should do this more often."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:

Hey guys! This was supposed to be a really short chapter like two pages, but ideas kept coming up in my head so I just kept writing. I hope y'all enjoy, and see you guys next chapter!

Question of the chapter: What is your dream vacation place?