Chapter One

"This is for the best.. I was never supposed to be here, I was never supposed to know.

Everyone knows Newt only kept me around because-...Hey, Newt.. Why did you keep me around?" A short man was trying to keep a smile on ,while saying as what seems like a goodbye..

"Because I like you. Because you're my friend. And I'll never forget you.." A man I assume his name is Newt says.

The shorter man lets out a bit of a sob, the conversation continues with more people participating in it. I had no idea what was going on, or what I just witnessed. All I could know is that I was somehow.. happy... If what I just saw explains what I have thought for so long..

"This is like waking up right?"
The short man steps out into the rain as a women stumbles up to kiss him. The next thing I know, the people are making their way back down subway staircase. I quickly jump behind one of the poles.

"Come out already, we know you're there, honey." A female voice says softly.

My feet step out behind the pole at a slow pace. I'm not sure why I'm afraid.. But I have a gut feeling these people have something to do with what I viewed. My heart races, I'm excited yet nervous..

"I- u..m."

"Come on now, the no-maj have been taken care of." The brunette girl says.

"O-h.. I-I'm so-sorry...?"

"No need to be sorry! It's a good thing the no-maj have been taken care of. If they we were to be exposed to an entire city.. I couldn't dream up of what would happen." The brunette continues.

I finally meet eyes with every one of these strange people, while taking in what they look like. Nothing out of the ordinary. The two females look like sisters, while the male looks oddly out of place with them.

"Oh! I'm sorry, we haven't even introduced ourselves. I'm Tina, this is Queenie, and this right here," she points to the male. "Is Newton."

"Pl-please.. Call me Newt." He says almost in a whisper. I can still make out his accent.. It seems British. Interesting.

"And you are..?" Tina asks.

"U-um.."

"Oh poor thing! You're scared.. But yet excited.. As if this is the moment you've been waiting for all your life.." Queenie finishes softly.

"W-what? O-h. I'm Y-Y/N.." I smile awkwardly.

"Oh, honey! No need to be shy, we're all family in this magical community!" Queenie gives me a soothing smile.

I let out a small 'thank you' as I begin to stare awkwardly back at the floor.

I'm not magical.

___

Queenie lets out a quiet gasp.. Realizing the situation.

"Queenie?" Tina asks her.

"O-oh! It's nothing!" Queenie says as she reads more of the no-maj 's mind. She would of never known the girl wasn't a witch. She has some aurora around her, that made her fit right into the category of a witch. Queenie decided against telling the group of her discovery. Instead, she invited y/n for a meal at her house.

"If that's alright with you Tina.. We could bring Newt and Y/N home for a little lunch?" Queenie asks nervously.

"I guess so! Now that everything's taken care of.. Hey, Newt? When does your boat leave again?" Tina says.

"W-what..?" Newt is brought to attention. "Sorry.. It leaves in three days." He says while looking back at the ground. It seems as if he's lost in a deep thought.

"Perfect! Y/N you come from Britain, don't you? You can leave with Newt on the boat as well! It seems as if you want to go home. Awh honey." Queenie explains sympathetically.

Y/N thinks back to her family in England. They sent her away when she was just a child. Her parents bought a boat ticket for her. She thought that the family was going on a vacation to America. Oh how terribly wrong she was.

"I do not miss my home. Nor do I want to go back Ms.Queenie.." Y/N states clearly.

"Honey.. I don't need to read your mind to know that you're hurting. Let's talk about this over tea." Queenie hums.

They all take out their wands, except for Y/N of course. Queenie takes y/n's hand as they apparate away.

____
Dood. I am so sorry for the short chapter. They'll get longer as time goes one, and hopefully better. I need to get my mind set on this story to write this properly. Yet, I'll try my best ;)
-Hannah