Chapter Two

As they all appear in the apartment the smell of tea was already filling the air. It was a sweet smell. Better than any tea Y/N had ever smelt..

The whole place was weird. The fact that they literally teleported away to this place didn't faze her. For she had seen the whole obscurus mayhem. Being a muggle or no-maj did bother Y/N a bit. She wanted to be apart of the world these people were living in. She wanted to be able to produce the spells and learn the things these people have!

She wondered if she fought to stay in England, would things be different there?

"Honey, what did you say your name was again?" Queenie asked whilst making the tea with her wand.

"Y/N, Y/N Black." Newts face went pale.

Y/N glances at Newt. "Is there something the matter, Newt? You look, uh.. K-kinda pale.." Y/N mentioned.

"N-no. Everything's quite a-alright!" He topped his statement off with a nervous laugh.

Queenie in fact knew what was wrong with Newt. She decided to keep to herself, no need to cause problems.

"Alright everyone, tea and coffee is ready!" Queenie put out some deserts with the drinks. They all seemed delicious in the eyes of Y/N.

"Thank you, Queenie.. This might be the best thing I've tasted all my life!" Y/N said as she took a bite of one of the desserts.

"Aha! Thank you sweetie!" Queenie says.

Tina and Newt were in their own little conversation about something Y/N and Queenie didn't know of. It sounded sort of business related so they let it be.

"So.. Y/N! How did you end up in New York from England?" Queenie asks.

Y/N starts to remember all those horrid things her family said about her, and why she ended up on a boat to New York.

"U-um. I've lived here by choice! Since I was little!" Y/N quickly makes up a story, not bothering to mention what really happened.

This lie fazed Queenie a bit. Of course, she wouldn't expect y/n to completely open up to her.. But it still stung a little.

"Awh. Do you have a wand?" Queenie asks, knowing Y/N is a no-maj.

"Actually, I'm not ma-"

"Ok, Y/N, Newt. You can stay in this room. C'mon." Tina cuts Y/N off.

"O-oh! I don't have to stay. I can leave. I really appreciate it though." Y/N says respectfully.

"Nonsense Honey! I'll make breakfast in the morning too!" Queenie convinces.

"...alright. If you insist. Thank you." Y/N grins.

"No problem. Now get to sleep."

___

There were reasons behind the question Queenie asked Y/N. Important reasons she kept to herself. She might look calm and relaxed all the time, but Queenie always has something going on inside her head.

-
    ___________
\Your Point of View/

Had they not known I wasn't a magical being? That's strange. They'd been able to tell who was what and what was who before. How come they can't figure out me?

The questions lingers in my mind for a bit longer, but I let it slip away for a little while.

"Newt. I'll be right back. I'd like to get to know you more! I know Queenie and a little bit of Tina. But I'd like to know each of you before I go completely trusting you all. Now.. e-erm excuse me for a moment." I explain to Newt. He has a look of embarrassment and understanding on his face. I could see it mostly in his eyes. I find emotions easiest to read through the eyes.

I quickly grab my pajamas, and go straight to the restroom which Tina had pointed out to me. Tina seemed pretty nice at first glance, but I wasn't the one to trust by looks.

Once I've changed, I head back to the room Newt and I are sharing. I don't feel the slightest bit weird, since I lived with mainly boys for the majority of my orphan life.

But that's another story.

My knuckles reach the door with a slight tap, "Newt, can I come in?" I ask, wondering if he's changed already.

"Uh.. Yes. Yes.." He answers from the other side.

Once I enter the room a emotion of shock springs among me. Newt's head was just peaking out of his suitcase. He looked at me with a weird expression. As if I've never seen magic in my life. That statement is almost true, before the other day.

He seems to go lower and lower into the suitcase, and then he calls out, "Are you coming, or not?"

"O-oh! I'll be right there.. I guess." I answer.

My pajamas consisted of a black shirt with loose fitting sweatpants. Not much of a traveling through a suitcase outfit, but I'm ok with it.

My body walks over to the suitcases and peers slightly into it. I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, so I decided to step in.

Bad choice. There was a ladder I was supposed to latch onto. I'd realized that too late.

Yet, something landed my fall. Something caught me. I looked up into the eyes of Newt. I look away, obviously a slight bit embarrassed.

"Ah! Thank you. It's already my first day and I'm trying to get myself killed." I get up from his grasp while brushing myself off.

"I-it's no problem. I wouldn't of let you get hurt! I'm not that mean.." He says. I let out a small laugh.

I scratch the back of my head and say, "I guess you aren't! I believe we haven't been properly introduced. My names Y/N." I stick out my hand.

"Newt." He says shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you." We say in sync.

[I'll post another tomorrow or Today :D]