Chap 03 : First encounter, 'Her'.

I carefully roasted the only rat that did not reduce to ash.
The appraise skill did say that it was edible, so I'm going to trust it.
I took a bite.

......Gross.
The meat was smelly and hard, taste bitter and sour.
I saw my stats, my stamina recover 7 points and my HP recover 2 points after one bite.
I forced myself to eat nine more bites.

.......Ugh, I want to throw up. The taste was bad enough but the aftertaste was even worse.
I rinsed my mouth on the river and gulped down a lot of water to completely washed away the bad taste on my mouth and throat.
But at least, after sacrificing my tongue and taste bud, my stamina fully recovered and my HP was more than half full.

I turned the rat to ash and searched the human corpse for anything useful.
I took everything I could from the human corpse, even his ruined clothes.
I got a bag, two low-grade potions, a map, a short sword, a wooden small shield, boots, torn shirt, and pants.
It was hard to take the clothes off, but I managed to do it without further damaging the already torn clothes.
After burning the corpse and offered some prayer, I placed everything on top of the shirt and dragged it to the hole, where I slept before, and retired for the day.

Many dangers lurked in the dark and dusk was when darkness covered everything. I didn't know whether strong monster came out at night or not, but being extra careful won't hurt.
Right now I'm still weak, but I will keep defeating monsters and strive to be stronger as fast as I could.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////=///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

In the middle of the day, I was munching on a well-done snake. Besides the snake I was munching on, there were three more rats and a pillbug corpses around me.
Though I said well done, the meat was tasteless. All I could taste was smoke from cooking it with direct fire and bitterness of the burnt part. But at least, it was still a lot better than the gross rat meat or the tough pillbug meat.
When I was still a human, I believed I am a pretty good cook but I guess, no matter how good a cook was, if the ingredients were trash then it would still be trash after being cooked.

It's been a week since the fight at the river.
Since the fight, I've been exploring the forest and managed to found some new plants and prey, like the snake and bug around me. Because I kept appraising anything that caught my eye, my [Appraise] skill leveled up. It gave me more pieces of information when I appraised a monster.

Name : unnamed
Species : Red Circle Snake (Common)
Type : Reptile
Rank : 01
LV : 018/050

A common species of snake that can be seen anywhere around the world. Possesses venom that paralyzed the victim but the poison itself will not cause death. The skin is good for crafting. Except for the fangs, bones, skins, and it's poison sack, anything else is edible.

Name : unnamed
Species : Armored pillbug (Rare)
Type : Insect
Rank : 01
LV : 025/075

An omnivore pillbug that has a hard armor-like carapace that protects its body. The carapace hardness and resistance to magic are among the best out of all monster. The higher the level and rank, the higher the defensive capability of the carapace. Highly sought material for armor. While it has high defense, its attack ability is lacking. Their only method of attack is by rolling to a ball and ramming itself to its enemy. Only by evolving to rank two and on, that it would have another method of attack. Edible.

Hisa flower
Can be eaten raw or used to make a potion to detoxify the poison.

Inion herb
Can be eaten raw or used to make a potion for paralysis.