Side Chapter 1 : Meeting "Him"

(Another update!

If there's a typo or something felt wrong, please tell me in the comments!

If you like my work, please consider helping me by being a patron and donate to my patreon. Any amount will be greatly appreciated!

Patreon.com/Fluffas

You can contact me on discord

https://discord.gg/Rqv2adR)

(Beautiful Fox POV)

I ran across the deep field of snow, everywhere I saw was dyed white, in these infinite spans of white, I once lived here with my family. I played with another child, I trained with mother, I watched the adult hunt, I was happy.

Mother was the strongest in the pack, she could hunt big prey and defeat all the uncles and brothers in the pack, she even beat the humans who came to the mountain. I wanted to be like her, I want to be stronger than her. My body wasn't strong like hers but my magic was stronger than hers, I trained with her and hunted with her.

Slowly, I became strong like mother, all the adults said I was strong, my mother said she was proud of me. But one day, my happy life was destroyed, a pack of flying lizards invaded my home. Mother called them dragons, they were brutal and voracious beasts, they killed wantonly and drove many monsters out of their own territory. They claimed dominion of the whole mountain, my pack was driven out of the mountain by them.

We tried fighting them but we were defeated, they were strong, very strong. Our claws and fangs couldn't injure their body covered by scaly armor, our magic barely scratched them. We couldn't hurt them but they could kill us easily, they used their fangs to bite uncle's head off, their claws cut brothers to two, their tails broke sisters bones, and their breath froze everyone hit by it. We lose many, we ran in shame, we couldn't do anything but run.

Mother was injured severely when she fought the dragons, she lost her right eyes and tail, her body riddled with wounds. I and the other children were okay since the adults protected us, I was angry for being weak, I couldn't help mother. I froze when I saw the dragons, I was scared of them.

After being driven out of the mountain, my mother led us to the nearest forest, the [Sting Forest]. We lost many pack members, mother planned to stay in the forest and recover our strength, then after we recovered, we would search for another snowy mountain to live in.

On the way to the forest, we encountered many dangers, both monsters and humans attacked us, there were few of us who could still fight. Despite being the most injured, mother fought the assailant and drove them away, the fight aggravated her injuries. My mother fought every time assailant came attacking, her wounds bled continuously and never closed. We couldn't run from them because if we ran, I and the other children would be left behind.

I wanted to help mother, so I insisted on fighting with her, thankfully, I managed to lift some of the burdens of the fight from mother. After weeks of walking and fighting, we finally reached the forest, we entered the forest and managed to found a relatively safe place near a river.

Our arrival attracted some of the monsters originally living in the forest, but no monster came attacking except a few ignorant rats at first. We settled in the forest and slowly recovering our worn out body, we didn't quite like the warm temperature of the forest but we get used to it. For two weeks, we lived without any problem, but another disaster struck us.

Green monsters came attacking in huge number, most of them carrying a wood log, but there were those who bodies clad in human armor and carrying human weapon. The came and attacked abruptly, we were taken by surprise, the ones carrying wood logs attacked first as vanguards. Though we were ambushed, the goblins carrying wood logs were weak, we dispatched them easily, I even killed five on my own. When the goblins using human equipment came forward, we were cornered but we could still resist but after the goblins using magic attacked, we finally couldn't hold on anymore.