iii

i like her, he thought, i like her because of her mindset. her ability to think positively no matter what life throws at her. she's headstrong, and the ambition she carried whenever she'd put her mind to something was beautiful. her bluntness and independence, she was never afraid to put someone in their place when she knew they were wrong. she'd even did that to me once, which only made me like her more.

i can't even find the right words to put into a sentence to tell her how much i like her. there isn't a word that i can think of that would describe her utter significance. and even if there were, i'd never be able to put them together. she was like a puzzle with missing pieces. and even when i'd figured it out then, i still liked her. i liked her because of her mysteriousness, because i knew she was hurt but she didn't act like it. she was the type who would go through so much shit, but still have a genuine smile on her face. i never understood that.

i like her because she is torn to pieces. because i know that if i'd stayed long enough she would allow me to help fix herself. i was hurt, broken, actually. but what happened to you. why are you the way you are. who made you this way.

and i like her because she makes everything less horrible, and everything more beautiful. like i'm on a never ending joyride away from the city and all of the bullshit that it entails. because she makes me feel better. and i'm hoping that i make her feel better, too.

— "this is why i like her"