Group Rehersal (1)

Banner watched the ten students file in, according to the four songs they'd be working on that day. He was confident that two in particular had their song memorized.

"Alright students, we will begin with So Long, Farwell!" he announced.

Aly picked up the eight-year old Blair and carried her up the set stairs. "Ready!" she announced with a grin.

Blair giggled. "Can Zane carry me up the stairs instead?"

"No," JJ and Zane said in unison.

Banner got the eight students on stage, which took a while because JJ and Aly had to round up the three little not-students. However, when he finally got them on stage, they started singing and moving according to the movements.

"There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall.."

Atticus made the first mistake. "Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu!" He was supposed to back up, which he did, but tripped over Aly's foot. "Whoops!" he shouted, laughing. 

"Friedrich!" Aly shouted, still in character. "Get up! There are many noble people watching! Do we want Captain Von Trapp's children to look like a bunch of stuttering, falling fools?" She was getting into her improvisation a lot.

"My apologize, dear sister. Shall I redo that verse?" Atticus asked, bowing deeply to "Lisel".

Aly nodded, fighting a laugh.

"Good improv, you two!" Banner shouted.

Atticus made his way through the scene without any more mess-ups, but they had to do it three more times before Banner was satisfied. 

"Up next is Rolf and Lisel, Sixteen Going on Seventeen!"

Aly sat down on the bench on the stage, and Chazz sat next to her. As they had practiced, the song went smoothly with almost no mistakes, until the end.

Banner clapped. "Good job you two. Let's run that again, but preferably with the ending?"

Chazz blushed, but sat back down. Aly shrugged off the fact that her sister was sitting smugly in the audience and watching.

"You wait, little girl, on an empty stage, for fate to turn the light on-"

Zane catcalled and Aly glared at him. Chazz kept singing, causing the Obelisk's face to become redder and redder, causing her to stutter through her piece of the song.

When the song was over, Chazz grabbed his female rival's wrists and kissed her, much to the shock of everyone in the audience. 

"Um, Chazz? Rolf is only supposed to kiss Lisel for a maximum of three sec- oh never mind," Banner said as Chazz finally pulled away from the shocked Obelisk.

"Alright, then, next up is Something Good, if you two would," Banner said as the never-embarrased-and-yet-embarrassed-Aly and the smug-looking-Chazz walked down the stage steps.

"That enough of a kiss, Banner?" Chazz asked, sitting down and pulling his rival down next to him.

Jaden excused himself to go to the bathroom.

Banner sighed. "Let's take this from the top, Zane and JJ!"

The two were clearly perfect for the roles of Maria and Von Trapp. The easiest part was they were already clearly in love with each other on and off stage.

Aly giggled quietly- her sister wasn't even singing- JJ was completely lost in Zane's eyes! 

Chloe sat on her sister's lap, smiling. The little Marta knew love when she saw it, and she knew JJ was madly in love with Zane. Clearly.

Banner had to stop playing the piano (just pretend okay?) and tap JJ on the shoulder to get her away from Zane and sing.

"What?" JJ said as she and Zane returned to reality.

"Welcome back to earth, space travelers!" Jaden called as he walked back in.

Zane sighed. "From the top!"

Aly had a lot of stuff to say to Blair. "That's so adorable!" "Look at my sister's face." "They're enjoying that kiss waaaay to much."

After the song was over and "Maria" and "Von Trapp" shared a final kiss, Blair burst into tears 😭 and ran out of the auditorium. "Friedrich" and "Lisel" had to jump up and get her back for Do Re Mi. The final song went smoothly, except that JJ seemed a bit out of sorts.

After rehearsal, Aly, JJ, Zane and Jaden all walked back to the Slifer dorm and practiced the music some more, Jaden taking over as Rolf for Aly to sing her song. Soon enough, they were joined by Chazz and Syrus (Syrus got in the chorus). After around 9 o'clock, Aly found everyone else but her and Jaden (the "hypers" as JJ and Zane called them) asleep.

"So that was an interesting practice," Jaden said, flopping back on his bed. 

Aly nodded, wishing that Chazz had kissed her a little less fiercely during the group practice. Knowing Jaden, he wouldn't show it, but he'd be madder than a hornet.

Jaden pulled the Obelisk over to him. Please don't let this musical tear us apart, he thought as he fell asleep.