B L U E - #1

Heavily Editing so that it makes sense! If you're reading this now, just know that I'm changing stuff around!

#

He loved it, I could tell.

Theodore Knight loved the way all eyes fell on him, the way he could quiet a noisy room with just his presence . . . it was written all over his face.

His black, shiny hair, was still damp from the rain that fell heavily outside, his trench coat covered with little droplets. A toothpick hung from his lips, his stance was sure. Everyone stared at the tall man that stood in the doorway, hell, even I did. It was like we were all in his movie, just acting along.

With two men standing idly behind him, he slowly looked around the small diner, perhaps searching for a seat. I stood not too far from his glance, serving a loving throuple their chicken pot pies, and diet cokes.

Mr. Knight's glance landed directly onto mine, and a subtle raise of his lips left shivers up my spine. He sauntered past me, his cologne was faint but peculiarly sweet.

I watched from the corner of my eyes as he took an occupied table, the customers quickly gathering their stuff to go.

"Waitress," he calls with a gentle raise on his finger, "our table needs cleaning."

"Excuse me, " I tell the throuple, hesitantly walking over to his table.

"Good afternoon," I force a smile, nodding at the men, "while I go to retrieve the cleaning tools, may I just put in your orders?"

"No," he shrugs "we need a clean table to think."

I eye Mr. Knight and the way he smirks up to me. He was enjoying himself.

"Very well," I walk away, rolling my eyes once I was out of sight, and grabbed a clean cloth, as well as the disinfectant spray.

"Blue, is everything alright?"

Mrs. Clifton looked onto me, her eyes darting in between Mr. Knight and me.

"It's fine, Mrs. Clifton I just need to clean up their table, and then I'll have their orders in."

Mrs. Clifton was the wife of Mr. Clifton, the owner of Clifton Diner. They were a sweet elderly couple, who took me in after my parents passed away two years ago. I got an apartment a year later, but just never had the guts to leave the place I worked.

Back on the floor, I quickly wipe up their table in silence. It was awkward, to say the least, they all just stared at me.

"Now that that's all done, please allow me to take your orders."

"You're going to take them with a rag and spray bottle in your hand?"

"I assure you that I am more than capable of multitasking, sir," I reply sarcastically.

"Stop giving the girl a hard time," one of his friends says, chuckling, "I'll have the bacon club sandwich with a side of fries."

"Vege meatloaf for me," the other one orders.

I nod, before turning to Mr. Knight who was still staring at me, and not the menu.

"I'll have whatever you like."

"Great," I mutter dryly, before twisting, and placing their orders in the kitchen.

The entire time they waited, Theodore continued to look at me. I felt his hard, gazing eyes on my back as I waited don other customers, or as I went into the back, even when I was standing idly by the counter.

"Order up," the bell rang, and I grabbed their tray. I had hoped that they would take their orders to go, but once they began unraveling their food, I knew that that wasn't the case.

"Yes?" I snap once I was tired of his staring.

"I didn't say anything," he leans back into his chair.

"You keep staring at me, what the fuck for?"

"Ohh," he breathes, his eyes traveling up and down my figure, "I don't think you should be talking to me that way, Bruna, it could be bad for business."

With pursed lips, narrowed eyes, and a tray between my fingers, I resist the urge to knock his ass over.

"Just enjoy your meal, Bruna," I mock, before angrily placing the tray onto the table, and disappearing into the female washroom.

Not even a second later, the door swings open, and I gape as Theodore slams it shut and locks the door.

"What do you think you're doing?" I snap, as he nears me. We back up into the wall where one hand laid above my head and the other held my waist in place. Although I was screaming inside, my heart ready to beat out of my chest, I lifted my head and looked him directly in the eye.

His lips twitch in amusement at my fail of trying to look intimidating.

"Bruna means Brunette," he explains and I scoff.

"I don't give a fuck."

"You have a dirty little mouth," he teases, his grips tightening around my waist, "that won't be a problem though, I can take care of that."

With my eyebrows furrowed, I placed both hands on his chest to try and push him away, but Mr. Knight wouldn't budge. His body felt like rocks under my palms, it was all tensed and unmoving, I could feel his rock-hard abs.

"What do you want?"

"You."

"Goodness," I roll my eyes, "I'm in a drama film."

"Blue, you take my words for a joke, but I can only play those games for so long," he says, his tone no longer light.

"How do you know my name?"

"Now, you're serious," he steps away, "you know my name, I know yours."

I didn't know what to say, so I just stood there, watching him with my lips parted. I eyed the door, and then his wide figure . . . his strong arms and his long legs. Even if I ran, it would be nothing for him to catch me again.

"Listen Blue," he sighs, shoving his hands into his front pockets, "I found you, I gave you time, and now your time is up."

"What the hell are you even talking about?"

"You're mine," he explains simply and I scoff, looking at him incredulously.

"I do not know you, and even if I did, I'm not some object for you to claim."

Theodore's gaze softens for a moment, but not for long, "pack an overnight bag. You'll be spending the night with me."

"Yeah, okay, you're delusional," I step aside to walk out, but he steps in my way.

"I don't like to repeat myself."

"Then don't, tuh," I try to move again, but this time he grabs my arm, forcing me to look up at him

"If you don't come with me, Blue . . . " he tilts his head left to ride as if pondering, "I'll have to burn this place down . . . and then I'll get away with it."

"So you're a psychopath."

"You can call me whatever you want, but you're coming with me."

"This is kidnapping."

"You can make it seem that way, or you can come with me quietly, like a good little girl."

I couldn't tell if he was bluffing or not. I wanted to call it, but judging by the rumors I've heard, I wasn't sure if I should risk it.

"You're wondering if I'll really burn this place down," he arrogantly turns around, his hands still in his pocket, "I can invite you to test me, ill wait outside. You have ten minutes to make up your mind, if you aren't in my car outside after the time runs out my men will lock come and get you, before locking everyone inside and burning them, and the building all to the ground."

My stomach churned in fear . . . and disgust.

"One will be left inside to ensure that you don't tip off anyone, I do hope to see you soon, Blue."

Theodore leaves me in the bathroom, astonished as I weigh my options.