PROLOGUE & DISCLAIMER

Dr. Cabir Dhawan. International bestselling author. World renowned psychiatrist and past-life expert. Files and case papers were scattered over his desk as he pondered over his subjects, Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murthy. His point of view –

My mind was working quickly now.

Manik's and Nandini's memories of that time meshed perfectly. Physical descriptions, events, and names are the same.

I have worked with many people, usually couples, who have found themselves together in previous lives. Many have recognized their soul companions, traveling together through time to be united once again in the current lifetime. Never before had I encountered soul mates who had not yet met in the present time. In this case, soul mates who had travelled nearly two thousand years to be together again. They had come all this way. They were within inches and minutes of each other, but they had not yet connected.

Father and daughter. Childhood lovers. Husband and wife. How many more times throughout history had they shared their lives and their love?

They were together again, but they didn't know it. Both were lonely, both suffering in their way. Both were starving, and yet a feast had been set before them, a feast they could not yet smell or taste.

I was severely constrained by the "laws" of psychiatry, if not the more subtle rules of karma. The strictest of the laws is that of privacy or confidentiality. If psychiatry were a religion, breaching a patient's confidentiality would be one of its cardinal sins. At the least the breach could constitute malpractice. I could not tell Manik about Nandini, nor Nandini about Manik. Whatever the karma or spiritual consequences of intervening in another's free will, the consequences of violating psychiatry's main law were quite clear.

The spiritual consequences would not have deterred me. I could introduce them and let destiny take its course. The psychiatric consequences stopped me cold.

What if I were wrong? What if a relationship between them began, soured, and ended badly? There could be anger and bitterness. How would this reflect back on their feelings about me as their trusted therapist? Would their clinical improvement unravel? Would all their good therapeutic work be undone? There were definite risks. I also had to examine my own subconscious motives. Was my need to see my patients become happier and healthier, to find peace and love in their lives, affecting my judgment now? Were my own needs urging me to cross the boundary of psychiatric ethics?

***

Disclaimer:

I am not the author of this book. The story I'll be writing here is from an international bestseller. All what I'll be doing is modifying the characters and putting forward the contents in story form. Some of you may have already read this book. If you have, then please don't disclose the name out here. If it rings any bells, then you may drop a message to my inbox with the name of the book. Let me see if you know which one it is ;) For those of you who haven't read this story, then please sit back and enjoy.

The rights to the work rests with the real author, whose name I'll be revealing at the end of this story. I don't intend to plagiarize anything. My only intention is to share this beautiful work with you all through our beloved KYY characters.

NOTE:
Unfortunately, I'm not much of a self-starter. I'll need a good amount of support and motivation. So please pour in your love for this story. The speed at which I continue depends on it J

* ** * * * * * * * *