MANIK EXPLORES MORE LIFETIMES

Dr. Dhawan wanted to learn more about the sources of Manik's underlying despair, which had been deepened even more by his brother's tragic death. They needed to understand more about the superficiality of his relationships. Were his mother's constant criticisms of his girlfriends and the guilt of the abortion blocking his love? Or had he just not yet met the right woman?

The regression process is like drilling for oil. You never quite know where the oil is, but the deeper you go the better your chance of striking it.

Today they were going deeper. Manik had only recently begun to remember his past lives. Frequently in the beginning, lifetimes are entered at their most traumatic points. This happened again.

"I'm a soldier . . . English, I think," Manik observed. "Many of us are brought in by ship to capture the enemy's fortress. It's huge, with high and very deep walls. They've filled the harbour with large rocks. We must find another way in." He became silent as the invasion was delayed.

"Go ahead in time," Dr. Dhawan suggested. "See what happens next." He tapped three times on Manik's forehead in order to focus his attention and help him bridge the gap in time.

"We have overcome the rocks, and we have breached the fort," he answered. He began to grunt and to sweat. "Little tunnels . . . we are running through them, but we don't know where we are going. . . . The tunnels are narrow and low. We must go single file and bend over as we run."

Manik began to sweat profusely. He was breathing very rapidly, and he seemed extremely upset.

"I see a tiny doorway ahead. . . . We are running through this door.

"Ugh!" he winced suddenly. "The Spanish are on the other side of the door. They're killing us as we come through, one at a time. . . . They have struck me with a sword!" He gasped, holding his neck. His breathing became even more rapid. He was now gasping for air, and sweat was pouring from his face, drenching his shirt.

Suddenly his movements ceased. His breathing became regular, and he was calm. As Dr. Dhawan dried his forehead and face with a tissue, the sweating began to diminish.

"I'm floating above my body," Manik announced. "I have left that life ... so many bodies ... so much blood below . . . but I'm above that now." He floated in silence for a few moments.

"Review that lifetime," Dr. Dhawan instructed. "What did you learn? What were the lessons?"

He pondered these questions from a higher perspective.

"I learned that violence is a profound ignorance. I died senselessly far away from my home and loved ones. I died because of the greed of others. The English and the Spanish were both stupid, killing each other for gold in faraway lands. Stealing gold from the others and killing themselves for it. Greed and violence killed these people. . . . They had all forgotten about love."

He grew silent again. Dr. Dhawan decided to let him rest and digest these incredible lessons. He, too, began to contemplate Manik's lessons.

Dr. Dhawan's POV –

Over the centuries since Manik's senseless death in a fortress far removed from his English home, gold has changed to dollars and pounds and yen and pesos, but we are still killing each other for it. Indeed, this has been going on throughout history. How very little we have learned over the centuries. How much more do we need to suffer before we once again remember about love?

Dr. Dhawan came out of his thoughts as Manik's head began moving from side to side on the chair. He had an amused smile on his face. He had spontaneously entered another, much more recent lifetime. Once Manik began to remember lifetimes, his visual experiences were particularly vivid.