Part: 5 Humiliated

Nandini's P.O.V.

I'm so happy and feeling blessed as today I married the man of my dream. Every girl dies on him but now he is my husband. Wow, I never thought that my dream would be fulfilled as I'm from a small town and he is a famous singer.

Now I'm sitting on his bed. Oops! Now it will be our bed. I'm a bit nervous as it is our first night and I'm waiting for him. Butterflies are flying in my stomach with excitement. I'm just wondering that when he will come

P.O.V. END

She is sitting on the bed of a lavish room, her lips are drawn up to a beautiful smile, her big black eyes are sparkling with excitement. She is so excited and a bit nervous for her first night after marriage. She is thinking that her dreams are fulfilled but she is unaware after marriage her all dreams are going to be destroyed brutally. She is going to lose herself a bit by bit.

She has been waiting for her husband in the heavy wedding dress since two hours. She started feeling sleepy but her eyes are looking at the door only in hope that now her husband will come. But after some time she slept because of the tiredness of Marriage rituals.

At late night one tall and muscular man waddled into the room. He is in a drunk state, walking clumsily. He is non-other Manik Malhotra, husband of Nandini. He is about to fall on his bed but stopped as his eyes fell over the girl lying on his bed. He frowned at her, his eyes filled with hatred.

He marched into the bathroom and came back with a bucket of water, fuming in fury. He splashed the bucket of water on her face. She woke up, gasping. Before she could understand what happened, he barked at her.

"How dare you slept on my bed?" He yelled and she flinched with fright.

"Aa-aap ha-hamare pati hai. (You are my husband)." She shuttered and only these words escaped out of her mouth.

"Oh just shut up. Listen I'm saying you directly, this marriage is nothing for me." Manik waggled his finger at her and said these words easily but he doesn't know his words shattered all the dreams of her because for her this marriage is pure relation. For her this marriage is everything.

She felt a piercing pain in her heart and a lone tear trickled down her cheek mechanically. She stared at him incredulously.

It hurts a lot when suddenly someone breaks your all the dreams.

"Your place is here on the floor." He grasped her arm and harshly hurled her onto the floor making her more shocked. She cried silently and stared at him in utter disbelief with her eyes brimmed with tears. She wants to ask only one thing from him that why he married her, why he showed her dreams when he had to break them.

He tossed the pillow and blanket over her face, and he fell asleep on the bed without caring about her even for once.

"Mein nhi janti ki aapne mujhse shaddhi kyu ki lekin fir bhi mein iss rishte ko dil se nibhaungi shayad aapke liye yeh marriage kuch nhi hogi but mere liye ab yhi sb kuch hai, mein iss rishte ko wafadari se nibhaungi, chahai apka sath ho yah na. Mein apni puri koshish karungi ki mere pyaar mein koe kami na rhai. Apki kushi mein hi meri kushi hogi, chahai apka pyaar mile yah na mile. Shayad mere pyaar ki taqat apko mere karib laye aur aap iss rishte ko swikar Karle. (For you, this marriage would be nothing, but for me it is everything. In this relationship, I promise you that I'll be loyal to you with my whole heart if you support me or not. I'll fulfil all the vows which I have taken in front of the holy fire and fulfil all my duties of a faithful wife. Your happiness will be my happiness and I'll love you with all my heart in a hope that one day my love will melt your heart and you accept me.)" She thought, having hope in her eyes and only this hope is going to become her strength.