5

五  

I heard the sound of his footsteps coming near, and my heart felt like it was going to burst with every step that he took closer to me, and I took a deep breath.

"Your highness..."

I dared not to raise my eyes up at him as I bowed... since I was very afraid.

Princess Eun Hae said that I was now his personal handmaiden... and I was there to help him with anything... and the word anything frightened me the most.

He was now in front of me, and I could see his shoes though my lashes.

"You may arise," He answered, and I lifted my head... but I still didn't look up at him.

  "My name is Meili, and I am here to serve you as your handmaiden during your stay," I started to say. "please allow me to help you in getting changed for the night."

"Mm." He just says as he raised his arms for me to undress his outer garment. 

I walked closer to him, feeling my heart pound really fast as I hesitatingly began to reach up to where the strings on his chest were, so I could untie them.

While I untied the strings, I noticed of how close I was to him, that I could feel the heat radiating off his chest...

After I untied it, he shrugged off the loose garment and I took it in my arms as I walked off to place it on a hanger nearby, before going back into the room again.

By the time I came back, he was standing there with his hands behind his back as he stood in front of the large open window.

From here, I couldn't see his face, but the way stood... he must be thinking of something deeply as he didn't notice my presence here. 

The moonlight made him look like he was glowing as he just wore a white robe... 

In that moment he turned his head, and I diverted my eyes back on the ground... feeling ashamed as he might've caught me staring at him like that.

"After a long day of travel I expected myself to be tired by this hour... but I cannot sleep," He says, as he looked at me. "do you know how to play the guzheng?"

"Yes, your highness." 

"Could you play for me?" 

I found myself kneeling in front of the guzheng, while Prince Banryu laid on the bed, holding his head up with his hand as he watched me prepare to play it. 

"Would you like for me to play a specific song you have in mind, your highness?" I asked him. 

"No... you can play whatever you'd like." He says, and I nodded as I positioned my hands over the strings, and began to play a song that I had learned by heart.