8

八  

Princess Eun Hae's sat in a seat with the marquess standing by her side as I stood in front of her, in the middle of the inner court room in the manor.

"Your highness," I bowed down in front of her.

 "I won't be able to serve you anymore, after I depart from here with the Prince. I have nothing to repay you of kindness, so I thank you for all that you have done for me in the past years."

The princess got to her feet, as she walked and stopped in front of me, and beckoned me to rise to my feet, and she took my hands in hers and smiled warmly at me. 

"Meili... it will be a long and difficult journey for you, so I advise you to be careful and stick with Prince Banryu wherever he goes. I know he'll take good care of you, so please... serve him well." She placed her hand on my shoulder. 

"Yes I will your highness..." I answered her and looked up at her. "I also wanted to ask you something," 

"You may," She replied. 

"About Daiyu..." I started as I frowned worriedly, and she chuckled. 

"Prince Banryu was planning on asking you if you wanted to bring someone else with you, after all you would be very alone during the trip. Would you like Daiyu to accompany you?" 

"Is that possible, your highness?" I say as my excitement overflowed out of me. 

"It is. I'll send for someone to get her things ready, and she can come with you." 

"Thank you, your highness." I say, but she shook her head. 

"You should thank my brother instead. He was the one who thought of that idea." She told me, and I nodded.

She looked outside, and pointed towards the cherry blossom tree in the distance. "Just like that cherry blossom tree, all I did was plant the seed. It's up to you to have it all turn out well." 

"I understand," I started to smile at her, and she smiled back at me. 

"I will miss you, your highness...I won't ever forget your kindness to me." I say, and she leaned in as she placed her arms around my shoulders, and embraced me.

"I'm really going to miss you too, Meili. You have been my best companion. I hope everything will go well for your journey, and your relationship between you and my brother." 

There was nothing else said after that as we both realized how really close we were... despite our ranks. Who knows... maybe if everything did go well, she'll be my future sister in law. 

With that thought in mind, I smiled and hugged her back.

The time to depart from the manor has come, and everyone in the household of the manor came out to see the Prince leaving. 

While Prince Banryu and his sister were exchanging their last words to each other, I stood with Daiyu near the entrance of the manor with all of Prince Banryu's servants and all things that he brought with him.