6

"Prince Banryu of Silla has arrived!" 

The sound of gongs began to ring throughout the whole inner court, and the tall golden doors opened, and Banryu as well as his second in command, general Suho walked behind him.

The Chinese court was more different then the court that Banryu was used to, in Silla. It was just bigger, and more grand as he saw the colors of red and gold... the colors of royalty. 

There, positioned at the end of the hall was Emperor Gaozong, as he sat in the high golden throne with painted dragons on each arms of the grand throne.

Banryu stopped just in front of the Emperor, and bowed his head in greetings. 

Normally, other royalties from different lands wouldn't bow down to anyone... but since Emperor Gaozong has been the main supporter for the war that was going on between Baekje and Silla... it was to pay respect.

"Prince Banryu... you have come a long way from Silla," Emperor Gaozong says. "how was the journey?" 

"It wasn't difficult, and I have arrived safely without any harm, thank you for making sure of my needs, your majesty." 

Emperor Gaozong chuckled and sighed deeply. "Tell me the reason why you have traveled this far to come to me?" 

Banryu lifted his head, and placed his hands together in a fist as he knelt down on one leg. "Your majesty... the war between Baekje and Silla is still going on, and Silla might win over Baekje, but we are in need of more reinforcements and supplies. My father, King Muyeol has sent me to inform you the message. Please consider it, your majesty!" 

"Silla needs my help again..." Emperor Gaozong mumbled to himself, and Prince Banryu frowned at the ground, hoping that the Emperor would offer to help. 

"Your majesty, the Kingdom of Silla has asked your help for the past few years... do you think it will be alright if you helped them again?" One of the officials says. 

"Your majesty... if you offer to help the Kingdom of Silla again, what will you get in return? In the last war, King Muyeol failed to promise to give-" 

"I will help your kingdom," The emperor says to Prince Banryu, cutting off one of the officials off. He looked at Banryu seriously as he spoke. "but only under one condition..." 

  ❀ ❀ ❀ 

"Tell us! What was he like?!" The young girls exclaimed as they all crowded before me but I refused to answer any of their questions despite the pressuring.