9

九  

It was the sixth day when Prince Banryu's men spotted land and rejoiced greatly. 

When we reached the shore, we were met with more of Prince Banryu's soldiers and generals under his command as they waited for us to get off of the ship and onto land.

When we stepped foot on land, we started to travel inland on horseback as his men brought extra horses for us.

I couldn't help but to shift my gaze around and perceive the entire landscape that passed by while we rode on our horses. 

The more I looked... the more it was harder for me to get used to calling it my new home.

"Look, there! I've never seen such a flower as that..." Daiyu says as she pointed at some patches of wildflowers as we passed by them. 

"They're beautiful," I commented, and I turned and looked at her. 

"How are you feeling?" 

"I feel great! I never thought I would have an adventure like this... I always thought that I would always live there at the manor, until I grow old and die." She says as she took a deep breath. 

I started to laugh really loudly, and she joined in with my laughter. 

Just ahead of us, Prince Banryu's commanders turned around and saw us two girls laughing, and they smiled at us as they shook their heads and turned back around.

When I looked up after laughing, Prince Banryu was looking right at me. When we locked gazes, he started to smile at me.

I smiled at him, and bowed my head shyly as I started to fiddle with the horses reigns that was already in my hands.

Without Daiyu, it would've felt like we have been traveling for hours, but since we shared many stories and jokes and laughter... we reached a nearby base where we will stop and take a rest.

As soon as we entered the gates of the fort, more of Prince Banryu's soldiers rushed out from inside the tents to greet us and helped unload the carts that were filled with things. 

While I tried to get off the horse, I looked down to see Prince Banryu was already there, looking up at me as he stood next to my horse. 

He offered his hand to me, and I laid my hand in his. In one swift motion, I slid off the horse and landed safely in Prince Banryu's arms that he had outstretched to catch me.

I stumbled forward, and he helped me balance on my feet since my legs were still numb, due to sitting on the horse for many hours straight.

"We will be resting here for tonight... I know you must be very exhausted," He said to me.