Saying goodbye

Please note: This story has spoilers for the Star wars rebels episode; Legacy of Mandalore. If you haven't seen it, I recommend you do before you read this.

Ezra felt his heart stop. Sabine was staying? What was he supposed to do without her? Her company, her miracles, the missions they were set together. Would it all go down in flames just like Reclem station did?
Sabine hugged Kanan but Ezra barely heard what his Master said. He was too caught up in his thoughts.
He looked up at Sabine when he heard her say his name.
His eyes were full of sorrow, hurt and fear.
"Ezra."
Sabine felt her heart melt at the sight of her friend so upset.
She took his hand in hers.
"Ezra. We'll see each other again, I promise. Until then, I need you to stay strong, I can't bear seeing you like this. You have Kanan, Hera and Zeb to help you push through. Look, I will come back, except with an army of Mandalorin's. So please, just don't pin for me. This isn't our last goodbye."
Ezra felt tears rise up at her words, and hugged her tightly with a shuddering breath.
Sabine hugged him back, feeling an ache herself. Ezra was like a second brother to her. Tristen was her real sibling, but Ezra, was just like him. Except more fun.
When she drew away, she put her head on Ezra's, placing her hands on his chest. The boy clutched her shoulder armour.
"Stay strong Ez. I'll miss you."
"You too."
Ezra opened his eyes to look into her amber pupils just one more time.
"Goodbye Sabine."
"Goodbye Ezra."
Sabine took his face in her hands and kissed him on the lips for a few seconds, before drawing away.
Ezra stood there. Eyes wide It looked like someone had just paralyzed him. A slight blush appeared in his cheeks.
Sabine gave a small laugh and stood by her mother as Ezra was almost dragged into the Phantom by a smirking Kanan. He may not have had his sight, but he knew exactly what just happened.
The Mandalorin's watched the ship take off into the sky before going inside the house.
Sabine stayed though. She now knew why she liked Ezra.

She loved him.

I had a heart ache just writing this! The episode was awesome but the ending tore me apart. 😢 The crew will never be the same without their little Mandalorin.
I will make a few parts to this.
Have a good one!

~Star-Wars-Dragons