Coffee

Lana's POV
It's about 6 A.M on a Friday. I came to New York for a couple of days to see family but, the main reason I came out to New York is to find my daughter. About 16 years ago I got pregnant with a little girl. I gave her up for adoption because I was scared I wouldn't be able to take care of her. I wish I never would have given her up but I was 23 and I didn't know what to do.
I dropped my things off at my hotel and went out for some breakfast so I went to this cute little coffee shop about 3 blocks away.
As I sat inside waiting for my breakfast I hear yelling from outside.
"Get out of my house!" I hear as I listen in on the fight.
"Please don't! T-they're gonna send me too a group home! I-I can't go back!" I hear a younger girl yell.
"Then you should've thought of that before you decided to be gay!"
"I didn't decide to be gay! It's not a choice!"
And after that I heard someone scream. I quickly got up and ran outside and saw a small girl on the ground holding her cheek.
"Hey! Don't touch her!" I yelled as I ran up to her.
The older man pushed me away from her.
"Stay out of this lady!" He yelled as he grabbed her arm yanking her up off the ground.
"This girl needs to learn that being gay isn't right. And she'll learn." He said looking at her.
"No! No! Not again!" The girl yelled and tried to get away from him and he slapped her.
"I said don't touch her!" I punched the man and then kicked him where he deserved. The man fell to the ground and I grabbed the girls hand and pulled her towards me.
"Are you okay honey? Come on. Let's get you cleaned up." I said and helped her to the coffee shop.
"Excuse me ma'am can I get a bag of ice please?" I asked the woman behind the counter and she nodded. I sat the small girl at the table I was sitting at.
"Let me see. Are you okay?" I asked sweetly as I examined her bruises on her face.
She nodded.
"Are you sure? He hit you pretty hard."
"I-I'm fine. I'll be fine." She said looking down.
"Okay, here put this on your cheek before that bruise swells." I said softly handing her the bag of ice to her.
She gladly accepted and looked at me.
"Thank you." She said and smiled a little
"I couldn't just sit here and let that man do what he was doing. Why did he hit you in the first place?" I asked.
"Because I'm gay. H-he says it's wrong." She said sadly.
"Don't listen to him. He doesn't know what he is talking about." I said smiling.
"I-I should go."
"Where will you go?" I asked and she shrugged.
"How about you have breakfast with me?" I suggested.
"I-I don't have money a-and I don't want to intrude." She said nervously.
"Oh honey you're not intruding on anything. I was just going to have breakfast alone. I would much rather have company." I said smiling.
She finally sat down and looked at me.
I told the waiter to bring out some pancakes and some orange juice.
"So. How old are you?" I asked trying to start up a conversation.
"I'm turning 16 this week. Actually. I turn 16 today." She said laughing a little.
"Oh really? My daughters birthday is today as well." I said smiling.
"Well how come you're not having breakfast with her?" The girl asked.
"Well I haven't exactly met her yet." I said sadly.
"Oh! So she's in the foster system?" She asked and I nodded.
"Who ever your daughter is. Well she's lucky. At least someone is looking for her." She said looking down.
I looked at the girl with sad eyes.
"What's you're name?" I asked.
"Samantha Parrilla. Most people call me Sam." She said and my heart stopped as I watched the girl eat her pancakes.
"Parrilla huh? That's a pretty cool last name. It means grill in Spanish right?" I asked
"Uh I'm not sure. I don't speak Spanish. But I really want to learn." She said looking at me.
"What's your name? I mean you're getting me breakfast and you just saved me so I feel like I should thank you." She smiled a little.
"Lana. My name is Lana." I said smiling back.
"Well thank you lana. For everything. N-no ones ever been this nice to me." She smiled and continued eating her pancakes.
I finally found her. My little Sammy. It wasn't exactly the way I imagined.. you know?
"So do you know anything about your parents?" I asked. She just shook her head
"No, not really. I wish I did though. I've always wanted to find them. Figure out what it's like to hug my mom." She said smiling alittle.
I smiled and nodded.
"So how about you come with me? I don't want you out on the streets especially in this cold weather!" I suggested.
"Well my foster dad probably already called my social worker." She looking scared but sad at the same time.
"It's fine. I'll keep you safe. I promise." I said and she nodded.
After breakfast Sam and I walked back to my hotel.
"Welcome back Ms. Parrilla." The man at the front desk said sweetly.
"Huh? I've never been here before." She said and I looked at her then at the man.
"Good morning sir. Thank you for recommending that coffee shop. The food there was wonderful."
The man nodded and Sam just looked at me confused.
"Just let me explain." I asked and got into the elevator. Samantha followed behind me.
"Your last name is Parrilla too?" She asked innocently. I nodded and looked at her.
"I'm your mom." I said looking
"N-no you're not." She said stepping away.
"I can call someone and get you a DNA test if you need proof. But there's no way you're not my daughter." I said looking at her and she had tears in her eyes.
"Just come and sit with me. I will call someone to get a DNA test but you're my daughter and I'm adopting you." I said and walked out of the elevator. Samantha following behind me.
"Y-you're really gonna adopt me?" She asked.
"Of course. I'm not just gonna find you to lose you again." I said walking into my room and taking out my phone.
"I'm going to go call someone to figure out how to go about this. You can make yourself comfortable. I'll be back." I said as I went out to the balcony and made what felt like 100 phone calls. Eventually I got a meeting set up with the court this afternoon.
"So! Looks like we have a date with a judge this afternoon. Do you want to go get lunch then maybe go shopping a little?" I asked.
"W-why do we need to go shopping?"
"Well I wanted to go you something other then sweats to wear to the court house." I said laughing a little.
"You're right." She smiled.
"Come let's go."
We decided to go to my favorite place to get burgers then we went to mall. We walked around for a little while I stopped and signed some autographs.
"So what do you like to wear?"
"Wait. Can I ask a question?" I nodded
"Are you like famous or something?"
I smiled and shrugged. "I guess you could say that."
"Oh. That's cool. And I don't really know what I like.. Ive never really gone shopping for myself. I just wear what's given to me."
"Well how about we go in here. My niece likes this store."
She nodded and we walked into Forever 21.
She walked around for a minute and stopped at a dress.
"Do you like that? It's really cute." She shrugged and I found one that looks close to her size.
"Here why don't you go try it on and I'll go some other stuff for you to try on."
She took the dress and slowly walked away.
As I walked around I picked up some things and then a girl who worked here came up to me.
"Do you nee- your the Evil Queen!" She said and smiled really big.
"I am?" I said laughing
"Can I get a picture with you?" She asked and I nodded.
"As long as you help me find some clothes for my daughter."
"Yeah! Of course." We took the picture and she picked out some other dresses and some jeans and T-Shirts.
I go over to the dressing room,
"Sammy? How's that dress?"
"I-i don't know if I like it.."
"Come out. Let me see it." I said smiling and she slowly come out of the little dressing room.
"Oh, it looks beautiful on you! We have to get it. We will go get some shoes to go along with it." She smiled and hugged me.
Once we finished shopping we went back to the hotel and she got dressed.
"Would you like me to do your hair?"
"Um sure. It's really long though... I want to get it cut. But my foster parents didn't want to spend the money." She said and I started to do her hair.
"Well how about tomorrow we go get your hair cut and then I can take you to go meet our family."
She smiled and nodded.
When I finished doing her hair I got dressed and fixed up my hair and quickly did my make up.
"Put on a coat. It's cold outside and I don't want you getting sick" I said handing her a scarf.
How am I supposed to explain to my family that I have a daughter and that I left my husband?

______________________
_______________________________

So I decided to rewrite this story. The story line wasn't bad but the way I wrote it was....
I'm thinking about writing a Flana fanfic! Tell me what you all think in the comments or message!
Don't Forget To Smile my loves - Abbie Prince ❣️