12

Hinata hesitated to reach for the door handle as she stood on the school's front steps, the warning bell has just rung and she needed to get to class. Every time she reached for the handle, Naruto's letters would pop up in her mind and she would retract her hand again. The thought of facing him scared her. The final bell rung and she let out a frustrated sigh, forcing herself to swing open the doors.

---

Naruto sat restlessly in his seat, awaiting the raven haired girl. They had first period English together, yet the warning bell had rung and she still wasn't here. It had been a week since she was let out of the hospital and now the Hyuga heiress was making her comeback, but where was she? The final bell rung and Naruto slouched in his seat, Hinata was never late. This could only mean one thing; she wasn't coming. Just then, the door swung open, causing Naruto to jump up a bit in excitement. However, only their grey-haired teacher walked in, his disturbingly long hair tied in a ponytail.

"Good morning brats!" He greeted, receiving a chorus of replies.

He turned around to begin their class when the door swung open once again, revealing the girl Naruto's been waiting for. He couldn't wait to talk to her, but throughout the whole day, she avoided him.

---

Dear Naruto,

         You're receiving another letter from me, congrats. I'm sorry for avoiding you today, I didn't know how to face you. Now that you know my feelings, I'm scared that you don't truly feel the same. I just need some time to think things through.

                          - Hinata ♡