Chapter 9

John POV

Laf - So did you guys make out or what?
Alex - Maybe.
Herc - Kinky.

It felt good to be back. To have my memory back. I looked down at my side to see a very tired but happy Alexander. I didn't care what anyone thought or what anyone said. He's my soulmate, he gave me color. I was going to marry this boy. I was going to have a family with this boy. We are going to love next door to Laf and Herc and every weekend they can come over to a barbecue with us. It would be perfect. I can't believe my hero, the person I looked up to for most of my life, was really this innocent ball of cuteness next to me.

La la la basically a normal relationship! Let's just pretend that it's 2 years later okay

I ran down to the jewelry shop early that morning. Alexander was asleep in our bed. I had to make sure he wasn't here. I had to make sure he wasn't here to see what I had in store for him. I can't believe I've waited 2 years to do this, I guess I just never had the guts.

I walked into the beautiful jewelry shop. There were posters everywhere of straight couples getting married. It made me feel like I didn't belong. I walked up to a lady at the counter and asked her if my ring was ready. I ordered it about a week ago, I was finally going to get it.

Lady - John Laurens?
John - Yep!
Lady - That will be whatever price you want.
Lady - Who's the lucky girl.

I knew I didn't belong here.

John - It's not a girl.
Lady - What?!
John - YOU HEARD ME RIGHT BITCH!!! ITS A BOY!!!!
Lady - EW!!! GAY MARRIAGE IS A SIN!! YOU ARE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE!! YOU ARE GONNA GO TO HELL!!!
John - I COULD SAY THE SAME TO YOU!
Martha Washington - GET OUT CATHERINE!!!
Lady - BUT HES.....
Martha - I don't care what he's doing! Get away Form this young man alright!

The lady walked away and gave me a sickening look.

Martha - I'm so sorry about her. I don't even know why she was hired anyway.
John - It's alright. Thank you so much.
Martha - Hey, no problem. Although I'm not gay, I support it 100% and I think that all gay couples are adorable!
John - Thank you so so much.

She told me her name was Martha. She gave me my ring and I gave her a tip for her kindness.

George - What was with all the yelling over here?
Martha - I'm being amazing George! Take notes!
George - Alright Martha.
Martha - And don't be surprised if I'm invited to a wedding in a while!

I texted Alex that I was going to be heading to my sisters house for a while. I stared at my username for a second. TurtleBoi. Every time I see that username, I think about how much it changed my life.

I scrambled through the door and jumped downstairs.

John - HEY GUYS!!!
Peggy - HI JOHN!!!
Angelica - Well what's got you so excited?
John - I'm...I'm going to ask Alexander to marry me!!
Peggy - HOLY POOP LET ME SEE THE RING!!!

It was a gold ring with the word Alex carved into it with little hearts on each side.

Eliza - I'm sure he's gonna love it John.
John - Thanks Eliza.
Eliza - Umm, John, can you come upstairs with me for a second. I want to tell you something.
John - Um, okay.

I followed Eliza upstairs to her room. I sat on her bed as I could see a single tear come out of her eyes.

John - Eliza, are you okay?
Eliza - I'm fine. Okay. A while ago, I, Alexander was my soulmate. But I wasn't his soulmate. It was just a relationship. We went to McDonalds one day and he saw you walk in. He was immediately attracted to you. I decided to leave him so that he could be happy. Sadly, I never kept in contact with him, he became so famous he almost forgot about you. I found out he was here, and decided it was time for you to be together once and for all.
John - Eliza....I'm so sorry.
Eliza - Shh it's okay John. The universe just messed up my soulmate.
John - So, are you still happy for me?
Eliza - Of coarse, I never LOVED Alex, you do. Go take this beautiful ring, and make that boy yours John. Okay?
John - Okay, thanks Eliza.

Alex POV

Thank gosh John is at his sisters house. That gives me time to go to Laf and Herc house so that they can help me.

I knocked on the door of their house. Lafayette opened it and as soon as he saw me, he pulled me right in.

Laf - Herc!! Alex is here!
Herc - ALEX!!!

Herc ran out of the living room and stood at Lafs side. They left me sit on the couch as they bounced up and down. I knew what they wanted to see. I took the small box out of my pocket and showed the ring to them. It had the name John carved into it with two little turtles on both sides of the name.

Laf - MON AMI ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!
Herc - IM STILL GONNA BE THE FLOWER GIRL RIGHT??!!
Alex - Of coarse Hercules. You were gonna be the flower girl no matter what.
Herc - IM A FLOWER GIRL WWWWHHHHEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Laf - John is going to love it! How are you going to purpose to him?
Alex - Well, I thought about just taking him out and.....
Herc - BBBOOOORRRRIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!
Laf - Hercules Mulligan!!
Herc - Alexander, you can't just take the love of your life out to a little date on the night you purpose to him! You gotta do something big!
Alex - Like what?!
Herc - I got a place that I have in mind. There is a cherry blossom park a while form here. The is a hill in the middle of the park. Go there at a certain time at night. You are gonna have a picnic with John. And as the sun goes down and the stars come out, you will purpose to Johnny boy!!
Laf - HERC THATS AN AMAZING IDE!!!
Alex - I just really hope John accepts.
Laf - Alex, he loves you more than anything, I'm sure that he will definitely say yes no matter what you do!
Herc - Yeah, he'd probably do it even if you purposes in a gas station....
Laf - HERCULES MULLIGAN!!! ALEXANDER IS NOT PURPOSING TO JOHN IN A GAS STATION!!!
Herc - Calm down Laf! It was just a joke!
Laf - It better be.

While Lafayette and Hercules had their little argument, all I could think about was John Laurens. And how I was going to make him John Hamilton.

John POV

All I could think about was Alexander Hamilton. And how I was going to make him Alexander Laurens.