Chapter 12

I couldn't come up with a good plot so let's just imagine that Jefferson is from Nevis.

Thomas POV

Thomas - James, are you sure this is the right house?
James - Definitely.

I opened the door to see about 10 people and 2 kids running around screaming.

Thomas - What'd I miss?!

Alex - Get out of here Thomas!!
Thomas - Well that's a nice way to greet an old friend!
Alex - We were never friends Jefferson!!
Peggy - Can I ask what happened here?

It was to late. Alexander had already stormed out of the house and into the night. John ran it of the house following behind him.

John - Alex, are you okay?
Alex - Do I look okay?!
John - Alex, I'm gonna be your husband soon. I'll understand what's happening. Just tell me.
Alex - When I left Nevis, Thomas was actually my friend. I don't know why I even liked him in the first place. He became a really big jerk all of a sudden. We started fighting all the time, it got exhausting. When I left to come here, my dad told me that he was going to send Thomas to bring me back. I tried to get away as much as I can. I really don't want to go back to that horrible place John! I really don't!
John - It's okay Alex, it's all gonna be okay, no matter what happens. I never knew that you had such a history with Jefferson.
Thomas - Yo bastard! Get in the car!
Alex - I'm not going back to Nevis, Thomas.
Thomas - You need to come back and see your father!
Alex - My father is a horrible person! No body cares about me in Nevis! People actually care about me here!
James - Well then you better kiss those things goodbye.
Alex - I.....I don't know what to do John.
Thomas - Alex, you're here as an illegal immigrant! You have to go back home!
John - It'll be okay Lexi!
Alex - SAYS YOU!!! YOU STILL HAVE ALL OF YOUR FAMILY LEFT!!! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT HORRIBLE OF A PAST IVE PAST!!! AND STOP CALLING BY THAT STUPID ASS NICKNAME!!!
John - YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ALL MY PAST!!! STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING FOR ONCE!!!
Alex - Well I'm leaving John! That's something, isn't it!
John - Yeah! It's is! And you know what, I'm gonna do something!

John walked inside and grabbed Alexanders letters he had written to him. He grabbed a lighter in the other hand. He walked back outside and held the letters to the lighter.

Alexander watched as his hard work and love was put into a flame. He used to be a famous writer that didn't have anytime to do anything! He thought John could be his break, but he could never have a break. He could never have anybody that would love him.

Alex - I wish that God hadn't even chosen you as my soulmate!
John - I wish the same thing you bastard!!
Alex - I HATE YOU JOHN LAURENS!!!!
John - I thought I was John Lam....you know what....no.....I AM JOHN LAURENS!!! AND YOU ARE SINGLE!!!

Alex had walked away and got in the car. He flipped over so that he was seated in the back seat. Where no one could see him crying his eyes out. What did he just do?!

Thomas kissed his boyfriend goodbye and got into the car to drive Alexander to the airport. His father would hopefully be there to make sure he got back to Nevis safely.

When they had gotten to the airport, Alex's dad was waiting by their gate.

Dad - Well look who it is!
Alex - ...
Dad - Not a talker?
Thomas - Please, he is usually the opposite!
Alex - Shut up Jefferson!!

As Alexander yelled at Thomas, his dad noticed the ring that was around his ring finger on his left hand.

Dad - Alex, did you get married? Wow, I missed a lot!
Alex - Huh?! Oh.....um no.....this doesn't mean anything.

Alex tossed the ring to the ground. He walked over to the seat and sat down. He just stared out the window, thinking about where he has come and what he has done. He watched the planes fly off into the distance. He wondered if there were anyone else in really bad places in their lives. Where they forced to go on this plane? Did they want to escape realities? Everyone had a story on why they were here.

Thomas stuffed the ring in his pocket. He didn't like Alex that much, and he knew that Alex felt the same way about him. but he knew that it definitely couldn't stay like this forever. After all, forever is a very long time. John and Alex were soulmates. And that's a bond that can never be broken.

John didn't even watch as Alexander pulled out of the driveway. He just flung the papers to the ground and watch as they disintegrated under his foot.

John ran away from the home of his sisters. He was about to go back to his house, when he felt a tug on his arm. He turned around to see his son staring at him with a scared face. He had a scared expression, like anything could make him cry, or like his heart was about to be shattered.

Phillip - Papa....whe....where's dada?
John - Oh Phillip um...dada is just....he's...he's not gonna be gone for very long. Don't worry. Now, tonight you'll be staying with uncle Lafayette and Hercules tonight okay?
Phillip - Oh....okay.
John - We will be back soon, don't worry Phillip.

John hugged his son. It almost seemed like he knew what was going on, but couldn't understand it.

Time skip to that night

John stood in his back garden, watching the flames grow larger and larger. Watching all of the lies burn in front of him. John picked up a letter that had not been placed in the fire.

Cold in my professions, warm in my friendships. I wish, my dear Laurens, it might be in my power, by action rather than words, to convince you that I love you.

Alexander Hamilton.

John stared at the handwriting of the man who used to write like he was running out of time. The man that he looked up to. The man who he thought loved him. How stupid was he to think that.

John tossed the letter into the burning hot flames. Watching the letter crumple and disintegrate.

He looked back down at his hand that had tossed the letter. The ring. It meant nothing at the moment. Alexander meant nothing to him. John tossed the the golden ring into the already growing and gigantic flames.

John - I hope that you burn!