Chapter 14

Alex - You.....you want to be mine again?
John - Yes, that fight was stupid Alex, I'm really sorry. I just wish that he....
Alex - Sshh....its gonna be okay John.
John - I don't even have my ring. I threw it into the fire.
Angelica - This ring?

Angelica held up a ring in her hand and handed it to John. It looked black and a little burnt, but you could still see the words and it still had that same golden color that it had when I bought it.

Alex - Angelica? What are you doing here?
Angelica - I'm here to make things right.
Jefferson- And so am I.

Jefferson tossed up the golden ring that I had dropped I had dropped to the ground at the airport. He flung it to me as I caught it with my hand.

Alex - Why are you giving this back to me?
Jefferson - I hate you Alex, but you still deserve to be happy.
Alex - Thanks Thomas.

The Lams pamphlet was published the next day. People went crazy over how their favorite author had been through so much. They didn't even know he was bisexual! Whether people were happy or sad about it, they all knew that the two had been through to much and deserved to be together.

Alex POV

I walked to Lafayette and Hercules house the next day with Johns hand in mine. Lafayette opened the door and let us in.

Alex - Where's Herc?
Laf - Buying flowers.

Eliza POV

Angelica- Eliza! Please Stop!
Eliza - WHAT SHOULD I DO ANGELICA?! A GUN?! A KNIFE?!
Peggy - Eliza, please. You don't deserve this.

First it was Charles Lee, he had a soulmate. Then Samuel Seabury, he had a soulmate. Then Alexander Hamilton, he had a soulmate. Then Aaron Burr, he had a soulmate. Two of them turned out to be gay! ONE OF THEM IS MARRYING MY BROTHER!!!

I'm not going to let the universe start over with me. I'm just a mark on a paper that keeps getting erased and created again. There is only one way to turn to now.

Peggy - Eliza, please. You don't even need a soulmate to make you happy.
Eliza - But everyone has a soulmate. It's not normal that I don't have one!
Peggy - Then you can be unique Eliza.
Eliza - I've never even tried to grab the spotlight.
Peggy - THERE DOESNT NEED TO BE A SPOTLIGHT ON YOU!!! JUST PELASE STAY ALIVE!!! THERE IS ALREADY ENOUGH PAIN AND SUFFERING INT HE WORLD AND WE NEED A BREAK!!!
Angelica - Peggy is right Eliza. We know that it must be hard having to go through all of this, especially since your favorite is now with our brother. But they are happy. We are happy. And you can be happy. If you do this, none of us will be happy.

I ran out the door and into the back garden. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see my young brother.

Eliza - What do you want John?
John - I...I know what is happening Eliza. I'm sorry that I was chosen to be Alex's soulmate.
Eliza - It's not your fault.
John - And it's not your fault that the universe does this to you. Please, don't do this Eliza.
Eliza - I'll think about it.

John POV

Eliza walked away from me. I decided she might just need time alone.

I walked back to my house and opened the door to see Alex sprawled out on to sofa. He lifted his head to look at me. He outstretched his arms for me. I ran up to him and fell into his warm embrace.

Alex - Is it Eliza?
John - Yeah. She really doesn't deserve this Lexi! I don't know what to do!
Alex - I guess it's only a matter of time.

Eliza POV

Who Lives. Me.
Who Dies. No one.
Who Tells My Story. Me.

I'm going to live. I'm going to do great things in life and I don't even need a man. I can be n independent and free woman!

I sat on my roof while the wind flowed through my hair and my light blue skirt. I wasn't going to jump. I was going to stay. I was going to stay alive. It will be okay. I need to do it for John, Angelica, Alex, and Peggy.

Angelica - Eliza? What are you doing up here? Please, come back to sleep.
Eliza - I want to stay alive Angelica.
Angelica- R....really?
Eliza - Yes.
Angelica - Thank gosh Eliza! Now cmon, let's get inside.
Eliza - Okay AngelicAAAAHHHHHH

I tripped and felt myself fall to the ground. I could feel the wind flow through my hair once again, this time, I didn't feel free already. I felt trapped, I knew there was no escaping now.

I fell to the ground with a crash. There everything went black.

Angelica POV

I burst through the door of John and Alex's apartment. John was being cuddled in Alex's arms when I walked in. My brother was in the arms of the ex boyfriend of my sister that might be dead!

Alex - Angelica.....what are you doing here?
Angelica - It's Eliza....she fell off the roof.
John - Oh no no no!!!

Eliza POV

I woke up in the hospital and saw Aaron Burr standing next to me.

Burr - You're awake! Thank God your alive!
John - ELIZA!!!!

John ran over and engulfed me in a hug. It felt good to be alive. I can't believe I actually considered killing myself. I heard footprints at my door as I saw Lafayette, Hercules, Alexander, Angelica, Maria, and Peggy around me.

Eliza - Hey guys!
Laf - Eliza....did you do this on purpose.
Eliza - No. Well, yes. I wanted to die, then I decided that I might have something to live for. Then, being my clumsy self, I tripped! Haha!
Peggy - Atleast you'll be okay.
Eliza - I think we've had more bad moments then we need.
Alex - Phillip.
John - My memory.
Burr - Your soulmates.
Hercules- Me not being a flower girl. That's the worst one!

John and Alex gave Hercules an angry death stare.

Hercules - I WAS JUST KIDDING!!!
Maria - We've had to many close death moments.
Eliza - No one here deserves to die, except for me, and the monster we've created. Sorry I'm listening to Heathers.
Peggy - But I think that two of us really deserve something.

All of us faced our attention to John and Alex who were standing at the foot of my bed.

John - Wh....what?
Laf - You guys ready to officially become John and Alexander Lams?
Herc - I'm ready to be a flower girl!
Angelica- SHUT UP ABOUT THE FLOWER GIRL THING HERCULES!!!
Herc - DONT RUIN THE MOMENT ANGELICA!!!

Eliza - Hey guys, go make your son proud.