Chapter 6 - 20 Questions

Harry's POV

I can't wait to get this day over with so I can see Jade. Liam and I were in Calc and our professor was just rambling about limits and whatever. I wasn't paying attention.

I know Liam likes Jade, he's not doing a very good job of hiding it. I saw her first though, so he's got to back off.

I don't think I can lie to myself anymore. I like Jade. Even though I haven't known her long, I guess it was love at first sight? Damn, Harry. What's happening to you?

"Harry, can I borrow a pencil? Mine ran out of lead." Liam whispered.

"Mr. Payne, Mr. Styles, care to share your conversation with the class?" The professor said.

"I was just asking Harry if I could borrow a pencil." Liam said. The teacher nodded and continued with his lecture. I handed Liam my pencil.

Soon enough it was time to go, I was bouncing in my seat and once we were dismissed I ran out of the room.

I quickly got into my car and headed home to change before I picked Jade up. When I finished changing I shot a text to Jade.

Hopefully your classes are finished? I'll pick you up in an hour? Text me back and let me know.

I didn't want to wait an hour to see her but I have to give her time to get ready and I don't want to seem too excited. I don't even know if she's done class.

Pacing back and forth in my room while staring at my phone was making me go mad.

"Mate? Are you in here?" I heard Zayn ask on the other side of the door.

"Yeah, come in." I said and he appeared. "Hey, where are you off to?" Zayn asked.

"I'm gonna hang out with Jade." I told him. "Oh, right." He said quietly.

"What's up?" I asked him. "I was just gonna ask if you wanted to go out with me and Louis, but I forgot you and Jade were going out." He said with a smile.

I felt bad for Zayn and the other night I told myself that I'd be there for him whenever he needed me, but I don't want to cancel with Jade. What do I do?

"What time are you and Louis heading out?" I asked him. Maybe I can hang out with both of them.

"Around 6? 7?" He told me. "It's okay though! You go out with Jade mate. Have fun." He said with a real smile.

"If we're done early, I'll text you and I'll head over wherever you guys are, alright?" I told him. He just gave me a nod and exited the room.

I didn't even hear or feel my phone vibrate, but a text from Jade was flashing on the screen.

I should be ready in 15, pick me up then?

I wasn't hesitant with my reply.

I'll be there :)

I felt bad for ditching Zayn when he needed me but he did say it was okay. I left my room and headed downstairs.

"Someone's super excited." Niall pointed out once I reached him in the kitchen with Liam. Liam just gave me a glare.

Next time, I'm not giving him my pencil. "We're just hanging out. It's not a date. So shut it leprechaun." I shot at Niall as I took his apple and bit it.

"Snappy much? Can I go with you? I wanna see how Jesy's doing." He asked and took his apple back. I just nodded and he left me alone with Liam.

"Harry, if you hurt her, just know that I won't be able to hold myself back." Liam warned me.