Where it all started

It all started in 1998, when Little Big Town started. Karen and Kimberly had just moved to Nashville, they met Jimi a few months later, they were a good trio, but they felt like they were missing something, thats when Philip entered the band, making it complete,

As the months went by they began writing songs, it was amazing. They became the best of friends. Karen was married to a man named Mark Childers. Kimberly was married to a man by the name of Stephen Roads, and Philip had started seeing a women named Rebecca. Jimi was the single pringle of the bunch.

Jimi always thought Karen was beautiful. He never had the courage to tell her because she was with Mark, who was also one of his good friends. One night in the summer of 1988, Jimi was sitting in his living room watching some TV when he heard a knock on his door. He walked to the door and opened it to see Karen standing there, she has makeup running down her face. "Kare whats wrong? Are you okay? Come inside!" said Jimi. Karen was a complete mess, she couldn't even speak, she leaped into Jimi's arms. Jimi was so confused, but he just wrapped Karen in his arms.

After a few moments she calmed down, he sat her down on the couch.

Jimi: Karen, are you okay? Whats wrong?

Karen: "Mark and I got into a huge fight" she said through the tears "He..He..He.."

Jimi: "Did he hurt you?"

Karen nodded in silence. Jimi was filled with anger but he knew that he needed to be there for Karen at the moment. "He just slapped me, he's been acting different the last few months but I never thought it would get to this point, then he pushed me up against the wall and held me by the neck. Jimi just held her in his arm as she continued to cry. Karen then drifted off to sleep and Jimi just stared at her, wondering how anyone could hurt this perfect women that was in his arms. Jimi just wished he could take away all her pain, he just wish that she was his.

Karen then woke up early the next morning, still in Jimi's arms. She looked up at Jimi and just thought about everything that went wrong in her marriage. As she was looking at Jimi, he began to snore, she giggled to herself, and it was at that moment that she realized that she was starting to have feelings for Jimi. She loved him, and she knew he loved her, but not in the way she was feeling it. Jimi then woke up a few moments later and saw that Karen was in the kitchen making coffee. He walked into kitchen and asked Karen if she was okay. "I feel better, I just don't know what to do" said Karen "Well your more than welcome to stay here if you want" said Jimi "Thanks, I think I might take you up on that offer."

Karen: "Hey do you think you could come with me to pack my things?"

Jimi: "Yeah of course, you think I'm going to let you go by yourself, do you wanna go right now?

Karen: "Sure if your ready"

They got into the car and drove over the her and Marks apartment. Karen unlocked the door and Mark came running to the door

Mark: "Karen baby, I'm so sorry about last night I'm so happy you decided to come home."

Karen: "Mark I'm here to pack my things, I don't think I can be in a relationship with you, let alone trust you again"

Mark: "Karen you are not leaving me" he said getting angry.

Mark grabbed Karen by the arms and pulled her close to him, "Hey man don't grab her like that" said Jimi as he walked over to Mark and pulled his hand off of her. Karen then went upstairs and quickly packed her things.She came back down stairs with her suitcases and Jimi helped her. "So are you screwin' Jimi now?" "No Mark, he's just helping me out." said Karen. Jimi and Karen then walked towards the door. Jimi put her suitcases in the car & they went back to Jimi's. Karen took her suitcases up to the guest bedroom.

Later that night after Karen and settled she went downstairs and was debating whether to tell Jimi about what she was feeling. Jimi was sitting down on the couch and she walked over to him and sat next to him.

Karen: Hey Jimi? I need to talk to you about something.

Jimi: Sure, whats up?

Karen: What I'm about to tell you..please don't let it ruin out friendship.

Jimi: Okay?...

Karen: Lately I've been feeling these things that I can't help but feel, and I think I'm started to have feelings for you.

Jimi: He just stared at Karen and she back at him, "You have no idea how long I've been wanting you to say that"

Karen: What?

Jimi: I've had feelings for you since the first time I met you. Last night when you were asleep in my arms, all I wanted was for you to be mine.

Karen looked at Jimi with tears in her eyes, and just smiled at him. She slowly leaned in and kissed him. "Jimi, what does this mean?" said Karen. "I know what I want it to mean, do you want it to mean the same thing?" Jimi said.