Welcome Home

KAREN'S P.O.V -

Today we finally get to take our baby girl home. I'm so excited, the past few days have been pure bliss but I'm ready to get home to Nashville. We have a long drive home considering I gave birth somewhere on the outskirts of Tennessee, and were now at a local hospital in Chattanooga, its about a two hour drive back to Nashville. Kimberly and Phillip went back to Nashville with the bus so we rented a car to drive home. Jimi went out to the car to load up our bags, Jimi walked back into the room as I was feeding Emily "Babe you all ready to go?" he asked "Yup, she's almost done" I replied. After I was done feeding Emily, I placed her gently into her car seat and Jimi carried her as I followed in the wheelchair behind him. We got comfortable in the car, with Jimi driving and me in the back with Emily, and we drove back to Nashville.
We finally reached home after about 2 hours, we stopped and grabbed some take out on the way here considering no one is going to be cooking tonight. Jimi grabbed the car seat and held it with one arm and helped me into the house with his other. "Welcome home Emily" he said cheerfully. I smiled as he walked over to the living room and put her into his arms. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him and gently around our baby. "Jimi, were a family" I said "We are honey, forever and always" he said. I looked up at him and smiled and he looked down at me in the eyes and kissed me, I continued to smile through the kiss. We just stood there in silence listening to the noises Emily was making. "I think i'm gonna go take a shower real quick" I said as Jimi sat down on the couch "Okay yeah you go relax, daddies got this" he said with a giggle. I laughed as I walked up the stairs.

It felt so good to finally take a real shower, I just stood there and thought about the future, Jimi and I eventually getting married, having more kids, growing old together & watching our babies grow up. As I was running through my thoughts I began to miss my baby, I changed into a sweater and sweat pants and went back downstairs, "I missed my baby" I said as Jimi handed Emily over to me. "Are you hungry, what do you want me to make?" he asked. "I'm really craving pasta" I said. "Pasta it is my love" he replied as he got up and gave me a kiss and walked over to the kitchen. I sat on the couch just staring at my beautiful baby girl, before I knew it dinner was done. I put Emily down in her swing and Jimi had the table set. We sat down and I dived in, I'm so over hospital food, this is like gold. After we finished eating I cleaned up the kitchen, as I was drying the last dish, Jimi came up behind me and wrapped his hands around my waist and kissed my neck, I turned around in his arms and kissed him, this was a passionate kiss. "I love you" I said "I love you more" he replied "Not Possible" I said "Yes Possible" he said. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist and my hands were wrapped around his neck and he walked over to the couch and laid me down. He hovered over me so that we were gazing into each others eyes. "God your so beautiful" he said. "You're not too bad your self" I said with a laugh. He leaned down for a kiss and I met him half way, we were in the middle of a make out session, when Emily started to cry, we separated. "Duty calls" I said as I pecked his lips one more time.