Bus Baby

It is now a few months later and Becky and Philip just had their beautiful baby boy named Jeremy. Karen is about 8 months pregnant, Kim is around 6 months. Kim and Karen both found out that their having girls, and their so thrilled.

KARENS P.O.V- The band is actually starting to get popular, the other day I was at the store and someone came up to me and asked me if I was Karen Fairchild from Little Big Town.
I was so shocked that they actually knew who I was.
I'm so excited to have this baby, Jimi and I have bought a house together, and he is just so amazing, he's been so good to me while I've been pregnant. He's so protective and I love it. Jimi and I are shopping for our baby girl's nursery. We finally agreed on a light pink for the nursery, Jimi wanted pink camouflage but I wasn't having it. Jimi and I picked out a few outfits for her then we decided to leave and get some lunch. After lunch we decided to go back to the house, once we got home I was beat. My feet and back were killing me, Jimi told me to go lay down and get some rest and that he will unload the car. Me, being the stubborn person that I am, went to the back of the car and grabbed at bag, Jimi stopped my hands and said "Babe, I told you I got it, go upstairs and get some rest." "Jimi its okay I'm fine, I can grab a bag" I said. "I know you can, but you don't have to because I got it." he said grabbing my hands and interlocking them with his, "Please go lay down and I will be up as soon as I get these things settled, you need to be extra careful now that you're almost 9 months." "Do you have any idea how much I love you?" I said as I kissed him. I walked upstairs and as soon as I walked through our bedroom door, I ripped my jeans and my bra off and laid down on the bed. I was just starting to drift off when I felt Jimi lay beside me. I turned towards him and we just had our eyes fixed on each other. He leaned over and kissed my lips and I returned his kiss. I laid my head on his chest and had my arm around his stomach. I could hear his heartbeat. It was the most calming thing to my ears. We spent the next few weeks getting the nursery ready along with getting ourselves ready.

It is January 12th, 1999. Were heading back to Nashville from Georgia on the bus, we played a few shows this weekend which were amazing! I've been having contractions for the past few days, the doctor told me that its just Braxton hicks, and that I shouldn't worry for another few weeks. Everyone on the bus was asleep. I was having contraction so I was at the front of the bus sitting down on the couch. I felt a wetness spread throughout my thighs. I then realized my water had just broke. I wobbled to the bunks and shook Jimi until he woke up. "I think my water just broke" I said. "What? Are you serious?" he said as he slid out of his bunk. We're in the middle of freaking nowhere, somewhere on the outskirts of Tennessee. Jimi then woke Kim and Philip. Jimi asked the bus drivers how close the nearest hospital was, "Not for another 45 minutes to an hour away Jim" one of the drivers replied. Kim was sitting next to me rubbing my back, when a contraction came, this one was by far the worst. I shouted in pain. "We need to call for an ambulance" said Phillip. Jimi called 911. "They're saying the nearest ambulance is 45 minutes away" he said "Babe I don't think I'm gonna make it, I think she's coming, like right now" Jimi began to panic and began talking on the phone, he was talking so fast could barely understand what he was saying. "We need to check if your dilated, or even crowning" Jimi said. Phillip got pillows from the back, and Jimi helped me onto the floor. Jimi put the paramedics on speaker so we all could hear. "I think she's crowning, I think I see the head!" said Jimi. He was in a panic, he hands were shaking, he was crying, he was just a mess, as was I. "Jimi go behind her, let me do this" Kim said. Jimi got behind me so I was in between his legs and he had his arms around me. Phillip was holding my legs. Kim then told me to push, she was following the directions of the paramedics on the phone. I did as she asked and pushed. I've never felt so much pain. All I could hear was Jimi "Baby you got this, every ounce of pain will be worth it. Everything is going to be okay." The next thing I knew, Kim was putting her onto my chest. I looked up at Jimi who looked down at me. "You did great baby" he said as he kissed me. We both just looked down at our beautiful baby girl. She was crying which was a good sign. We finally made it to a hospital and nurses and doctors were running on the bus. The nurses took my baby out of my arms, my eyes were fixed on her as they rushed her off the bus, "Jimi. don't let her be alone." I said with tears in my eyes. "I won't" he looked at me on the gurney and gave me a kiss, and ran to catch up with our baby girl. I was being taken inside, they took me in my room and got me cleaned up, I was so tired. The next thing I knew, I was fast asleep. I must have been asleep for a while, when I woke up Jimi was sleeping on the couch next to the bed. I was confused of where I was at first, I yelled softly but so that he could hear me "Jimi!" He jolted up with fear then took a deep breath. "Where is she? Is she okay? Jimi" I cried and the tears fell. "Oh honey, she's fine, she's perfect, she's everything we could ever dream of, she's in the nursery" said Jimi. "I wanna see her" I said. Jimi gave me a kiss and walked out into the hall and was talking to the nurse, I could see him through the window, god I love this man. "She's gonna bring her in a bit" Jimi said as he walked into the room. "What?" Jimi asked as he noticed I was smirking at him "Nothing, just really happy" I said. He sat down next to me on the bed and put his arm around me and gave me a kiss on my head. "How are you feeling? You know since you just gave birth on a bus." he laughed. "I really fucking hurt to be honest" I said with a giggle. We just sat there on the hospital bed, Jimi had his arm wrapped around me. After a few minutes the nurse came in with our daughter and she put her gently into my arms and the tears just fell, Jimi sat next to me looking over my shoulder, we just sat there for 30 minutes staring at our daughter, it's crazy. She's half me and half him. Jimi broke the silence "So what is her name?" I looked up at him and looked back down at her. "Gaw I have no idea" I whispered "I really like Sophia but she doesn't look like a Sophia" Jimi said "What about Emily? She looks like an Emily" I said "I love Emily honey" Jimi said with a smile. "She needs a middle name too, I was thinking she could have the same middle name as you, Renee" he added I looked at him with the biggest smile on my face and looked back down at our baby girl "Emily Renee Westbrook"