Chapter 2

Nikki was hurled out of the portal, thrown roughly down unto the hard concrete floor.

Nineteen years of being a Sybil and she still had no control of how to navigate through a cube. Hell, she didn't even know how to create a perfect cube.

"Why did you even agree to take part in this stupid test Nikki?", she asked herself trying to figure out where she had landed.

She knew why. It was because everyone saw her as cursed, a screw up, an outcast and no one was willing to give her a chance, so she took one with all the force she could muster.

The room was dimly lit, empty and smelt of sawdust. The only thing in the room apart from her was a golden pedestal.

Nikki picked herself up from the ground and dusted her ox blood long skirt and her cropped ox blood sleeved top. She also combed her fingers through her hazel, one side braided hair and walked to the pedestal where a small opened rectangular gold box stood.

"Please don't be a severed heart", she whispered, praying as she took a quick peek into the box.

She breathe out in relief when she saw that all that was in the box was a slim gold dagger with strange markings scribbled on the silver, sharp blade.

"I'm lost", she said holding unto the dagger. 'What am I supposed to do with this thing?', she wondered.

"I was just about to say that", a voice rang out from behind her.

Nikki let out a yelp, looking back. Standing right in front of her was Nikki....herself...

"You're clearly a loser, unskilled, and unwanted and you definitely have no place in the games. You my dear are nobody", the other clearly mean-spirited Nikki said, placing her hands on her waist.

"It's a trick Nikki, she's not real", Nikki kept telling herself as she watched the other girl step closer and closer towards her. She pressed the dagger close to her chest and tried to step back.

"I'm real honey, maybe you're not real"

"What sort of trickery is this?", Nikki grabbed the dagger from it's resting place in the box and pointed it's sharp end at the other Nikki.

The girl laughed.

"What is that supposed to do fake Nikki?", the girl stepped closer still, "Is that meant to scare me? Huh!"

"Please go away I don't want to hurt you", she stuttered, Nikki began to shake as she held the dagger. She had never hurt anyone before, in fact, she had always tried to stay away from others. Not as if anyone would have let her get any closer.

"Look at yourself, your pathetic self, you're shaking so much you could cause an earthquake with that much vibration. Are you going to wet yourself, fake Nikki?", the girl taunted her more

"Why are you even here? I mean, compared to the other girls; you are weak, foolish, untalented, a failure, you should run back home to your caretaker. Wait, you have none, because you were rejected"

Her words stung.

Nikki's birth was a sad tale everyone took pleasure in discussing just to hurt her and remind her of why she was despised.

As there were no male in the Sybil Tribe, the Sybil offsprings were created from a special cube bestowed unto them by Mohan, the God of sight. Unfortunately, after the creation of a bouncing baby girl with brown hair, bewitching eyes and soft rose lips, the cube shattered, leaving nothing in it's stead. Making her the last Sybil to ever be created.

Seeing such bad luck the child brought, no one wanted anything to do with the child and so abandoned her in a Mngwa cave far from the city. Leaving her to die at the hands of the Mngwa, the Sybils retreated to their lives. They were surprised and shocked when a teenager walked out of the cave, into the city and declared that she was a Sybil; The Sybil they had all abandoned to die.