plan

CHAPTER 5

    Maddie's POV

    The good thing about shopping in Texas, is that a lot of people are used to her being here. So we don't get mobbed... most of the time. This isn't one of those times. Now don't get me wrong, I love Demi's lovatic's but at the same time, I just wish they would go away. As soon as we stepped out of the car they attacked. Max and Bill, our security guards, were doing the best they could, but our hair got pulled and we got shoved until we reached the door of the mall and threw ourselves inside. 

      "Holy shit." Demi said, laughing as the police and guards of the mall were trying to get the crowds in order. I didn't say anything. My anxiety was consuming me, I hate crowds. I could feel my legs shaking as we walked through the mall to topshop. I pulled out a Zanex and discretely swallowed it dry. Demi was too busy fangirling with Dallas about the sales at Topshop. 

      We got to the clothing boutique and Demi took off like a kid in a candy store. Grabbing shirts and trying to find her size in leather leggings, of course they were all black. I slowly walked around, not picking out anything. Topshop wasn't really my kind of thing. I like jeans and Band tee's with Doc Martens. Demi looked like she had bought the entire store when she finally was done. Then she turned to me, "Hot Topic?" I grinned and we both raced off to the store while Dallas groaned. Demi and I had this thing going because we both like the same bands, we were the same size, but if one person got a band tee, the other couldn't get the same shirt. So it was always a competition to find the coolest ones. Dallas was into more of the pink and frilly stuff, so she lagged behind and complained about needing to go into the 'creepy' store. 

        I won the race, I grabbed the first shirt I saw in a Medium, then another and another. Demi ran in seconds after me and groaned, but furiously rifled through the racks of clothes. "Ladies can I help-" "No were good." Demi and I cut off the manager simultaneously. Finally after a half an hour of combing through the store Demi and I face each other, both of us had HUGE arm-fulls of clothing. We put our stuff on the counter and went through it, today is a good day and neither of us had doubles. Whenever we got the same shirt we always argued saying that one of us saw it first and to give it back right now. We paid-Well, Demi paid, separately so that we could have different bags and receipts. "C'mon." Demi said, "Dallas is meeting us at the food court." Great. Food.

         As soon as we walked into the cafeteria-like food court my nose wrinkled in disgust and I nearly gagged. The smell of fast-food was overwhelming, and it made my stomach growl loudly. I remembered that the last time I kept something down was a week ago. That wasn't good, if I could somehow just get a salad and keep it down that wold stop me from passing out. I had to set my plan in motion now if I wanted it to work. We sat at a table in Applebee's and I immediately put my head down on the table and moaned. I felt a hand on my back and looked up to see Demi staring at me worriedly. "You okay babygirl?" I shook my head, "Stomachache." Demi nodded, "Well you should eat, just a salad?" I nodded wearily, then put my head back down and bit my lip. I hated lying to Demi, but it was necessary. It was so much easier when she wasn't home, but so much better when she was. I can't win. A waitress came over and asked for our orders, "I'll have a diet coke and a burger." Dallas said, "Coke and a turkey pannini." Demi was next, I lifted my head, "Water and a small salad." The waitress smiled politely and walked away. I tried not to smirk, my plan worked.

Hope you liked it? Comment what you want to happen to Maddie! 

-Rachel