Chapter 18

Lucy walked into her apartment and saw balloons and a large banner saying 'Happy Birthday Lucy!' .

"Surprise!" All of Lucy's friends shouted as they jumped out from there hiding places. Natsu walked up with a strawberry cake and smiled.

"Happy Birthday Luce!" Lucy smiled with tears in her eyes.

Everyone has drinks and we're dancing.   The group of friends were at a table talking.

"So bunny girl, how old are you now?" Said Gajeel as he wrapped his arm around his girlfriend Levy.

"21."Lucy replied.

Her friends looked at her and smirked.

"Guess your old enough to drink now, and you know what that means." Erza said and smirked while grabbing a beer and handing it to Lucy.

"I'm not so sure about this..." Lucy said nervously grabbing the can.

"It's ok Lucy I'll drink with you!" Natsu said encouraging Lucy to drink her first beer.

"Ok then." Lucy opened the can and chugged it down. She slammed the beer can down on the table making a face like she ate something sour.

The group laughed and Lucy smiled.

"Go Lu-chan!"

------------------

The party was over and Lucy was drunk along with Natsu. Their friends helped cleaned up and then left. Erza ate all the freaking cake.

Natsu was still a bit sober so he picked Lucy up bridal style and carried her to their room and tucked her in. She had finally turned 21. Natsu was 22.

Natsu had sat and thought that he had finally found a girl that loved him and was loyal. But there was still one thing that Lucy didn't know about him.

That he was apart of a rich money. He was afraid that if he told her she would only like him for his money, like Lisanna. He remembered his times with her and how much he enjoyed being with her. until he came home one night and found her in bed with someone that he had met at a bar.

It pissed him off. And before that, he was told by Gray that she told him that she was only with him for the money. He wasn't sure on what to do, but what he saw sealed the deal.

He glanced over at Lucy sleeping soundly under the covers. She muttered his name and Natsu's cheeks were tinted with pink.

He was afraid to lose her. He didn't want her to love him for his money. but for him. Not for looks, his clothes, his cars, or what he has.

He wanted her to love him for his heart, and how much he loved her and wished to be with her for the rest of his life.

Natsu walked into the kitchen and got two glasses of water. 

"You alright Natsu?" Sting asked from the living room as picked up a few pieces of trash from the floor (Pick me up Sting, I'm trash).

"Got some stuff on my mind." Natsu said as he drank some water.

"Like.."

"Do you remember, at the hospital, when you said i was the rich boy and i said i wanted nothing to do with my fathers money?" Sting nodded.

"Yeah what about it?"

"Lucy doesn't know that i am rich.. and i'm afraid that if i to tell her he will only love me for my money.." Natsu said and took another drink of water from his glass.

"If I know my sister, she will still love you for you regardless if you have money or not. I've seen how you've treated her. She loves you Natsu. Don't be afraid to tell her." Sting patted Natsu on the back and went off to bed.

Natsu went back into Lucy's room and placed a full glass of water next to her bed stand. Natsu changed into pj's and got under the overs and held Lucy close to him and fell asleep.

-----------------------------

man how long has it been since ive updated? I feel bad.. wtf is wrong with me?! ima start updating more often now since im on summer break. welll i hope you enjoyed this chapter!

~Shumpy