Part 1

Happiness is not a reward - it is a consequence. Suffering is not a punishment - it is a result~ Robert Green Ingersoll

"Tumhe mujhse shadi karni hogi abhi, che maheene k liye.Warna mai tumhari behen ki shadi apne bhai Akash k sath nahi hone donga(You will have to marry me now, for six months otherwise i won't let your sister marry my brother Akash)"

"Yeh sindoor, ye mangalsutra sirf aik samjhota hai..Na mai tumhe kabhi apni biwi maanoon ga, na kabhi apni biwi ka darja doon ga.(This vermilion, this pendant is just a compromise.I would neither accept you nor give you the place of being my wife.Ever.)"

That night he broke her dreams...

"Han bohat Khush hoon tumhe takleef mai dekh k.Infact maine ye sab kiya hi isliye ta k mai tumhe takleef mai dekh sakoon.Janana chahti ho kyun tumhe suffer karta hua dekhna chahta hoon?...Kyun k tumse nafrat karta hoon..I hate you Khushi Kumari Gupta..(Yes, i am happy seeing you suffering.Infact i did all this just to see you hurt.Do you want to know why i want to see you in pain? Because i hate you.. I hate you Khushi Kumari Gupta..)"

That night he broke her heart...

"Kyun k mai tumhare aur shyam k baare mai jaanta hoon.Janta hoon k tumhara aur shyam ka affair chal raha hai.Isliye ki maine tumse shadi ta k mairi Di ki shadi ko tum se kisi bhi tarha ka khatra na ho(Because i know about you and Shyam. I know you both are having an affair.That's why i married you so that i could remove the threat to my Di's marriage.)"

That day he broke her trust...

"I am sure he must have already had you on his bed.If you can sleep with him than whats the harm in sleeping with me as well Khushi.Kumari.Gupta.Singh.Raizada???"he spitted out the words like a venom..And the next thing she knew her dress was ripped apart and she was on the bed with him on the top of her...

That night he broke her soul...

"OUT.OF.MY.HOUSE.RIGHT.NOW...!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you are carrying his child..!" he bellowed to a sobbing Khushi and dragged her out from the corridor and than she was pushed out of the door and the door was banged on her face.

That night he broke her everything...Everything...

________________________

"Chote.Eat something, please" anjali pleaded as she seated herself besides him on the recliner.

His laptop was before him and instead of some business file or email, it was playing a video of HER in his office in which she was lightening the diya of the mandir...

The video was playing again and again without any stoppage and she knew he had set the player on the repeat mode..

"Di, I...I..wan..t to see..h.her.." he said with such sheering intensity that a sob escaped her throat.

"Chote..." she rasped out as he raised his bloodshot eyes to her.

"Di, I..I can't take it anymore...I can't.." he said punching his fist over his heart desperately showing how much it was hurting him there.

Anjali covered her mouth with her palm and ran out of his room sobbing,not being able to see him like this..

He sulked back on the recliner and closed his eyelids...Drifting back to the lane of memories...agonizing ones...

His mind wheeled back to another day when he came to know the truth and went to Lucknow to her house, apologize to her...Gomti Sadan where she was living since he threw her out...The night three years ago..