Chapter XV - Into the wild

Nero: We had stolen another car, lots of food and gas. We were about to head to the area with less activity. It took us like three weeks to arrive there. The forest ahead us was rumoured to be haunted. The old trees and the high grass gave the aspect of a jungle.

Danny: Nero removed the grass to make a way for us to pass through the forest. Its aspect made me shiver because of the lack of animals. No animal. Just silence, high grass and old trees. We stepped deeper and the same result. Maybe the enemy didn't had any purpose in here.

Alia: The earth began to shake all of a sudden. We were holding tight on the trees, but the earthquake is too strong for us to stand on our feet. Few seconds later it stopped.

'Is everyone alright?' I asked.

Both of them approved and Danny made a joke on such thing.

'Maybe this is the main cause of the activity.' I said and looked around.

Somehow I had felt lost. The air started to rarify more and more.
I told the others that we should go and we turned around and went on our way back to the car. Something was not right. I had the feeling that we were walking in circles.
Stepping ahead more and more we had arrived in front of a crack, which looked more like a crater.

'What could had cause such thing?' I asked.

'I don't think I want to.....KNOOOOOOW!'

The earth began to lift under our feet and to get back to normal. We tried to run in the moment when a new crack was about to form under us. A giant snake rised from the depths and tried to eat us. His giant fangs was very terrifying. Danny drwan out his weapons and tried to shoot the snake.
Didn't even made a scratch. The snake jumped to Danny, but he had avoided it. The giant ate dirt when Danny dodged its attack. Nero tried to shoot it on the back, but still nothing.  I got in a tree and tried to shoot my bullets inside its mouth. Same result.
Danny dropped his box and pulled out a bazooka. Aiming for the snake, Danny fired a rocket, which destroyed the head of our enemy. Its body fell with power on the ground. I was shocked of Danny's power and wondered of how strong is he in fact.
Another snake got out from the depths, right above Danny who fired another rocket. Its body fell as well as the first one.

'We must get out of here.' Nero yelled when other three snakes surrounded him.

Nero dodged one of them and jumped on the head. He had drawn out his sword, stabbed in the snake's head and slipped with it to the tail. Danny's rockets killed other two while they were retreating. Another one jumped unexpectedly behind Danny. I had jumped out of the tree and given a kick. The tree fell with power on the head of the snake. We were retreating more and more until we had gotten to our car. Danny and Nero were on the car and tried to keep them away from us.

'I'm out of rockets.' Said Danny.

Danny: One of the snakes was heading towards us, but Nero had splitted in two its head. Another one tried to come and the same result. The car was going with full speed and after a while we had managed to get rid of them. The price was very big for this adventure. We had ran out of gas. We filled it with our last gas cans and in the end we had decided to get back in the city.